All reviews room was clean covered pool blow dryer continental breakfast comfortable stay stayed here for one night enjoyed our stay yogurt front desk clerk off season mackinac island sausage mini fridge the breakfast area ferry laundry docks
Reviewed 15 October 2018

The room was fine for what it was, but there were a couple things that could have been better. The blow dryer was really old and took a long time to dry my hair, even though I have fine hair. Also, the front desk staff weren't knowledgeable/helpful at all. We asked about taxis in the area and schedules for ferry shuttles and they didn't know the answers to any of our questions.

Also, our first night, the front desk staff said there weren't any extra blankets -- it's almost winter, there should be lots of extras! Otherwise, the room was sufficient for what we needed but weren't impressed.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TBirdMackinaw, General Manager at Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Its unfortunate, however the temperatures the weekend of your stay made it into the low 30's and with that brought and influx of guests looking for blankets. Unfortunately, we are just not equipped in that situation as we usually don't see these temperatures this time of the year. We handed out every blanket we could to the guests that requested it. While we try to educate our staff, sometimes we can't know everything about the area; one in particular are taxi services. Unfortunately, the only taxi that serviced Mackinaw City has discontinued its service and to our knowledge, no other has picked it up. Again, we are sorry we couldn't help further and understand your frustration when a question goes unanswered.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We had a two night reservation at this place. Arrived today Oct 12th. The low tonight is in the 30's and its SNOWING. Take note of the picture below. This is our bed.NO bedspread.NO blanket.Just a sheet. Did I mention it is 30 degrees outside.!.! I called the front desk to request a blanket. Phone rang 20 times then went to a busy signal so my son walked down to ask for blankets. There was no reason not to answer the phone as nobody was around but the people behind the desk. He asked for two blankets and this is what he was told "I cant promise as everybody has already asked for blankets!" So he said well we need two and walked out. The man came up soon after knocked and handed my son ONE blanket. ONE. So we charge 100 bucks a night for a room but we do not have even a blanket for every bed! Next we needed the wifi password. No where to be found in the room I called again to ask for it. The woman picked up the phone said please hold laid the phone down and NEVER CAME BACK!!! I heard her talking to someone at the counter about what to do around town blah blah...they left then nothing.So finally after 15 minutes in hold I hung up and called from my CELL PHONE. She picked up on first ring. I said I am the person you told to hold on and never came back. I'm sure the phone is still laying next to you..she said "oh I'm sorry about that". I said I need the wifi password and she said it is capital M wcj. I said ok and hung up. Guess what....NOT the password!! I didnt call back instead I am meaning this review. I am amazed they are able to stay in business. DO NOT ever stay here. There are 50 motels in town. Pick any other.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. You did ask for extra blankets as well as every other guest that was staying during the sold out weekend. We tried to accommodate you as best as we could with extra blankets, however by the time you asked around 10pm we had given out all of our extra blankets except the one that was brought to you. You did mention in the morning that no blankets were given to you on the bed already, however when we sent up housekeeping to bring you another blanket she was able to show you that indeed there were blankets on the bed tucked between the triple sheeting. All of our guests receive the password to the internet at check-in on a piece of paper which indicates your room number. Again, we are sorry that it was so cold and that you required extra blankets.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We stayed here before going over to Mackinac Island and I must say, it exceeded our expectations! Very Clean. There was plenty of towels. Front desk clerk and Breakfast room attendant were very friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay before heading off the Mackinac Island. We hope to welcome you back for your next vacation to the area.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

room was immaculate, breakfast good, only a 5 min drive into downtown but im sure so much more reasonable...we got there on a sat without a phone and our daughter was finding out the sex of our grandchild.not only did the 2 fellows (one named steve) go out of their way to find her on their facebook. they left me a photocopy of the ultrasound! kudos to them..overall would definelty come back and recommend it to anyone I know...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mobile140715

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We were pleased to be apart of that wonderful moment and were happy to help. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room and we look forward to welcoming you back if ever you are passing through.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

The room was a little dated, but clean. Walls are very thin and the bed was very uncomfortable. Good for a one night or weekend stay. Probably won't stay here again but that is only because we prefer to be on the water.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Meghan H

Thank you Meghan for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay. If we could move to the water, we would for sure and would welcome you back for another visit.