All reviews loved the water park waterpark area star line ferry lake huron lakeview ferries
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Had a great stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. We originally only booked one night because I had not been there before and we were passing through on our way home.I am a little particular about hotels. We added an extra night because of the hospitality. We will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

First off - It's been 10 days and I'm still recovering from the dresser drawer falling out onto my foot gashing and smashing it. When my husband went to the front desk for help he was met with apathy and given a couple band-aids. I needed stitches or butterfly closures. ***If we were the type to sue they'd be in big trouble. Seriously!!

This trip was a family vacation celebrating my birthday. There were 13 of us in 3 different suites ages 20 months to 63. ALL of us were quite unhappy with this hotel for many reasons. I'll give you 7 but there are probably more.
1) The lady at the front desk was rude and apathetic every time we talked with her. When there was a problem with my room key she blamed me. The same problem had happened the day before to another family member - same response. We checked out a day later than the others and was told I'd get a receipt for one of the other rooms we paid for. I didn't get the receipt at check out as promised and had to go back for it. When I asked why I hadn't gotten it she retorted "we deal with a lot of people, we can't remember everything." ***seriously???
2) It smelled a little bit like swamp there
3) the 2 bedroom suite was not a 2 bedroom - it was a 1 bedroom with a bed in the living room - misleading
4) it was dirty - stained carpet, hair floating in the pool, bathroom floors unclean around edges...
5) poorly maintained and staff unhelpful - our bathtub would fill with water when taking a shower and we called for maintenance to fix it THREE times - they came but it was never fixed. The bathroom by the breakfast area ran out of paper towels and a toilet was backed up so I told someone - they said "I don't know nothing about that" ***seriously??
6) the breakfast was disappointing - no fresh fruit or yogurt, and they had only one pepper shaker for the entire room.
7) hours at water park are inconvenient if you want to do anything but go to the waterpark - why doesn't it open until 2??

***This place was seriously disappointing. I like leaving good reviews and hesitate to leave bad ones but between my foot and the attitude I was given at check out I had to speak up.

Room tip: Choose a room at a different hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank danib120
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The woman behind the desk was clearly overwhelmed. There were a few other couples trying to check in. She answered several calls and told them she was busy. She was arguing with what seemed to be another employee and at one time exclaimed, "Jesus Christ!" and slammed the phone down. We got pressured into upgrading to a "suite". It wasn't worth it. The swim park was fun for the kids but was somewhat disappointing. The desk woman rapidly blurted out unintelligible instructions about the injury discaimer form and was irritated that I didn't understand what she said. The temperature, humidity, and chemical smell was stifling. The main pool was a good temperature and the hot tub and sauna were plenty hot. My wife asked the guy handling the towels if he could lower the temperature or oven a door because it was hard to breath. He said, "Tell me about it; I've been here for fourteen hours." The breakfast was tolerable but again there was one ooor woman trying to handle everything. Overall, I'd say the hotel was very poorly managed.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t stay here again. The room has a weird smell and the bed is very hard and uncomfortable. I’m not that picky but this place other than the location I would say no! The room was on the forth floor and very confusing to find.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We arrived an hour earlier than actual check in time because we assumed check in was at 3pm. The front desk clerk greeted us with, "check in is at 4." No hello how are you. Then she proceeded to inquire if we had a reservation and we confirmed we did. She said they had one room available on the main floor and we could have it but we would need to pay $30 more per night. We asked what room we would get if we waited the hour and she said a fourth floor room where we would need to get off the elevator on the 3rd floor and walk to the 4th floor. We are in our 60's so we opted to pay the additional amount. The room was an outside room and was handicap accessible. The minute we entered the room you could see it was not clean. The bathroom had mold around the tub. The handicap rails inside the tub were pulled away from the wall and were covered in mold. The bathroom mirror frame was covered in toothpaste. The dust ruffle on the bed was brown and had some white substance dried on it. Disgusting. The "free" breakfast was so ill kept we opted to go out and pay for our breakfasts. We were on the end of an outside walk way which was next to the water park. People constantly paraded by our doors at all hours. We would have people stop us and ask where the breakfast room was! We made the mistake of going to the water park. It was disgustingly dirty! I have never been to a water park where the water was as murky as it was here. We saw globs of hair floating in the water!! We got ice from the ice machine and it had dirt in it on both occasion. Every encounter we had with the female desk clerk was painful. I almost felt guilty asking a question. Please do not take your children to this water park. At a rate of $200 a night I would expect more. If your wondering why we did not ask for a room change it was because of the desk clerk. We were afraid of what we might get!
We travel a great deal throughout the states and abroad and this was, hands down the worst place we have ever stayed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple