All reviews loved the water park waterpark area star line ferry lake huron lakeview ferries
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

One of the worse hotels I have ever stayed at. Very disappointed that this is the type of hotels that mackinaw city has to offer. Only stayed here after the hotel we booked at (Ramada across the street) messed up our reservation and we were placed here instead. The hotel stunk horribly. Everything was dirty. Outside doors aren’t locked so anything weirdo could wander into the hotel area where the rooms are which is scary when traveling as a single woman. Huge stains on the pillow cases and something brown was all over the wall right by the bed! I have never felt so dirty staying at a hotel before in my life. I hope I don’t have an asthma attack from the musty, horrible smell!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2018

"The rooms were clean and decorated very nicely, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, the water park was in great repair and clean, and we were able to be next to our family members. The only set-back was that we had to go to another hotel for breakfast, but considering the time of year, it was totally understandable. The breakfast was great!"

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank chefteri2002
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at Crown Choice Inn & Suites Lakeview & Waterpark. The staff was very helpful on multiple occasions. We all had a blast at the water park. It wasn't huge, but there weren't many people there either.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

What an awful experience. Upon checking in we were told that we had to check out by 10am and the waterpark doesn’t open until noon. Even though there was a separate fee included in the cost to use the water park, so it should have been accessible during our stay. We very nicely asked if there was anything we could do for a late check out as my husband was attending a funeral the next morning and I was going to check out and take my kids down to the water park until he came back to pick us up. They told us no, said they wouldn’t refund any of our money because we no longer wanted to stay (we technically couldn’t stay- or my kids and I would be sitting in the parking lot from 10am-12pm)
The lady at the desk said she could call another hotel out of courtesy and said we could “run across the road to another hotel” at 10am to use their pool and come back at noon. So my toddlers and I would be walking from hotel to hotel in Mackinaw City while in our bathing suits carryin our luggage?

This was absolutely the worst customer service. Management had to be spoken with over the phone, and was arguing with my husband in the lobby because they weren’t willing to do anything to help and insisted that they were charging our credit card for the full price if we left. We left anyway and called our credit card company without signing any paperwork and came up the road to the Super 8 that’s right on the beach for the same price. They told us we could check out when my husband got back to get us the next day and have been absolutely wonderful. Although I think any other hotel in mackinaw that we would’ve tried would have accommodated us, because we’ve been to almost every hotel in this city and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank Jilliant62
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Our room was in the main building and was spacious with a small balcony overlooking Lake Huron. Breakfast was good, hot with the usual variety at these hotel chains. The front desk staff and breakfast attendants were friendly and helpful and the life guard in the water park was nice. The water park is nice for young children but it is not a huge place so it could get crowded. The walk to Mackinac City wa easy.

Date of stay: May 2018