“Would NOT stay here again!”

Days Inn & Suites-Mackinaw City-Bridgeview Lodge
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Dearborn, Michigan
“Would NOT stay here again!”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We were very disappointed with our stay at this hotel. We stayed two nights. The staff was friendly enough. The room was terrrible! It was a double queen. Both beds must be from when the hotel first opened. Very uncomfortable. A/C did work suprislingly for how dirty and gross it was. On our return from our first days adventures, we came back to a dirty room! NO cleaning services had been done. No fresh towels, nothing! Very disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This was our 3rd year staying here. The room was clean, beds are comfortable, and the staff is friendly. The price was higher than in years past but still less expensive than most of the other city hotels. The pool is clean and warm. We stayed in a 3rd floor suite that included 2 rooms. One had 2 queen beds, tv, and desk. Second room is a sitting room that included a sofa bed, TV, microwave, and fridge. Also has a balcony. Hotel is quite and overall we enjoyed our stay very much. We have stayed at other hotels in the city and this is still our favorite!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
La Porte, IN
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My wife and I and a friend stayed here last Sunday and Monday (7-25&26). Our 2 queen room was very clean and comfy. We found no problems with our room or any other place on the proporty. The staff treated us with with a smile and was very gracious. The pool was clean and the water temp. was just right. The food area was clean and well cared for. The food was delicious and plenty for everyone. Yes, the condiments for the eggs were next to none, but tasted good by themselves. Parking was tight, but never had a problem finding a place to park. As for the revewer who had an issue with the vacent gas station, who can control what happens to your neighbor? Overall, we had a wonderful time and will definatly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I didn't make the arrangements for this stay.
-Check-in appeared to be quick
-Parking was tight...a bit congested...but always found a spot
-The log cabin and field stone exterior is nice...but very obvious that its all for show.
- Room with a view. We could see DOWN the bridge from the left side of the bed + from the hot tub.
- The view was also very hindered. The hotel is a few blocks off the water. Directly next door...outside the balcony...is a nice abandoned gas station. Ugh.
-The water heater capacity was enough to fill the large jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room.
- Fridge and microwave. Fridge worked fine
- Bathroom light problems. 2 light switches and neither turned any lights on. But...the timed heat lights worked and were sufficient.
-Internet connectivity: Open access but and connected to WIFI. A call to the office was needed to prompt them to reset their equipment so I could get out to the internet. They were very responsive.
-Breakfast was advertised as a Hot Breakfast. Scrambled eggs were available, a bit chewy from the early morning prep I imagine.
- No condiment for the eggs. Not ketchup, hot sauce, horseradish. Just...salt and pepper.
- Coffee and juice served in what closely resembled a shot glass
-Check out: NO invoice/receipt left under the door
-As expected since the new Michigan smoking laws....the elevator opens on the main floor directly out to the parking lot. The early morning parking lot is teaming wih lively puffers and the wonderful vacuum created when the elevator doors open...pulls a little bit too much smoke my way for my liking.
-Eager morning room cleaning service appears to not have a dedicated elevator. I found myself almost competing with them to get on and off. They were pleasant...but I felt a little obliged to adjust my pace. It would be nice if the hotel helped them to better do their job without me being in the way.

That is about it. I think we paid $170 or $180 for the night. Frankly...this felt a bit high for the quality of the amenities.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamieInMich
Indy
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I was concerned with what some had written about this hotel. I am a neat freak and found this hotel was okay. It's a hotel, there are areas where things could have been better or different. I would stay here again!

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family