All reviews the indoor water park sausage lake huron free breakfast room was clean and comfortable beautiful view fire pit scott island bridge grandkids ferry docks wood
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We only stayed 1 night and had terrible service. My wife and I had a 7 and 2 year old with us. The main reason we booked was because of the waterpark. The rate was high but the waterpark made it worth it. We went to Mackinaw Island during the day and wanted to wake up and use the waterpark, which was included in the room. We checked in about 8pm after getting off the island and ate so we didnt use the waterpark that night. Every piece of information we read said the waterpark opened at 11 which was also check out. Perfect. We go to check the waterpark out after packing and the sign on the door was changed to say the park opens at 2pm. We were never informed of anything really. The front desk clerk was childish, arrogant, unhelpful and straight up rude. I'm always a little annoyed by how every other hotel desk clerk is so thorough in making sure to explain every detail of the hotel. Not at this shabby excuse for a reputable business. We went to find the breakfast area in the morning near the lobby, you know, where every other breakfast area is in the entire hotel industry. Or if it isn't, the hotel staff make sure to do the very basics of their job and tell you when you arrive. Not these unqualified excuses for useful employees. They both laughed at us and told us the breakfast area is located on the 3RD FLOOR?! The "breakfast" room was packed and you cant take food out of it so you just have to stand there and wait for a table to open up. The breakfast was awful even for hotel breakfast. The coffee was one of the worst I can remember. It tasted just like it smelled. Like limescale and cigarette hands. I cant say how any of the other staff were because I didnt see any. Only the two pathetic clowns who withhold information from people and then laugh at them when they dont know something because they dont work there. If you hate your job so much maybe you should find a different one. Garbage hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank matgeorgevich
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We decided to take a family trip to Mackinac Island then stay in Mackinaw City for the night. We booked a room at the Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center because it was on the beach and had a decent looking indoor waterpark. We spent a long fun day on the island and towards the end of the day it started raining pretty hard. So by the time we got to the hotel we were cold, tired and wet and ready to go dry off and relax. We went to check in and the front desk staff were very rude and arrogant to us and didn't give us any information about check out time, pool times, where the breakfast area was, etc(normal things to tell people checking in). We just grabbed our room keys and wanted to go change and get settled in. The girls wanted to go to the waterpark so bad but it was 8:30pm when we got to the hotel and it closed at 10pm so we didn't want to rush it and we were tired. We assured them it opened early the next day and we could play for a few hours after breakfast. The next morning we went downstairs to the lobby looking for the breakfast area. The employees at the front desk started laughing at us right away and one of the employees gave us a look like we were stupid and said "Looking for the breakfast area?" While the other employees continued to laugh. We said yes and they told us it was back up on the 3rd floor where our room was. My husband said "It would have been nice if you told us that when we checked in." So we went to the breakfast room. It was completely packed and every table was full. There was a sign on the door not to take food back to your room. So multiple families had to stand with their plates and wait for a table to open up then hurry and get to it. The area was crowded, loud and a huge mess. We we're not impressed, finished our food and got out of there. We went back to pack up our stuff and get the girls ready for the waterpark. When we got to the park it was closed with the time on the door changed from 11am to 2pm without saying anything.. so anyone checking out that day couldn't use the waterpark. Our girls were very upset and we were pissed. The main reason we stayed there was for the waterpark. So we wasted $180 on a hotel that was nowhere near worth it. We would definitely never recommend that hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank katelynrose87
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We stayed 3 days 2 nights in Mackinaw City, this hotel has the biggest waterpark in town and it is very nice. Kids had a blast and so did the wife and I. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices, will stay there again! You also can swim in lake Huron with a nice beach just outside the door. I don't get the negative reviews.... must be from really rich people that stay in 5 star hotels.

Room Tip: Get a suite. Much bigger rooms for a little more $
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Well,
I had booked this place way in advance and was there July 20th. I had two rooms, one for myself and one for my two teenage children. I must say, I was a tad skeptical before we arrived from the negative reviews but overall the stay was very nice.
Okay, go to the free breakfast buffet early 8:30am as it will get crowded by 9:00am. It's filler food people but it's free. There are eggs, waffles, fruit cereal, all you need for breakfast. Don't make the mistake we did by skipping this free breakfast and driving into town and noticing long waits at all the restaurants for breakfast, not to mention the inflated cost that you will have to pay. That's exactly what we did our first morning.
We did visit the indoor "water park" area but didn't have time to partake with it; I wish we had the time, it looks really fun even at my age and my teenagers age.
One reviewer made it seem like this place has screaming kids running all over the place; well, yes there are kids as it's kid friendly but it's managed and maintained very well, in fact I slept very well and my room was quiet at night. Okay, so the wallpaper is peeling a bit by the shower, so what?? Steam does have that effect on wallpaper!! This place is perfect for an adults only trip, you don't have to have kids to stay there.
Also, I liked the fact that it's only 5 minutes away from town; you don't want to stay in town, it's too crowded!!
Also, take the stairs; it's a 30 second walk on the stairs which are all over the facility
If you have time, go out the back door and enjoy sitting on the lake shore; that is just a really neat experience, it's beautiful out there.
We will be back to Mackinaw City and we will stay again at Bridge Vista Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: Center stairs take you straight to the lobby
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

"We enjoyed the Bridge View very much! The staff was polite and helpful, the room cleaning was excellent, and the breakfast was great! Just the way to start a busy day! The Lazy River was a fantastic way to unwind from a tiring day of vacation and the pool attendants did a great job of keeping the young ones safe and under control. This was our second stay here and we'll definitely be back again soon!!"

Room Tip: Ask for the lake view side, you'll love the waves lapping the shore at night!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family