Sunrise Beach Motel
US$124
US$112
Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$78
Vindel Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$125
Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
US$146
US$143
US$93
US$88
Lighthouse View Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$84
Rainbow Motel(Mackinaw City)
US$54
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$98
  • Pool
All reviewslake huronwash clothsbridgepitsqueen
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The dirtiest motel I've ever seen in 50 years. The pictures they show on the internet are all misleading.The air condition unit is full of dirt and rattles constantly. The rooms are full of dust and dirt and bugs and ants in the bathroom. The pool has algae in it, I wouldn't swim in it. The contacts phone numbers on the office door are out of service. Can't reach anyone for anything.They asked me why I stayed the night when I complained the next morning. I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone. The place needs to be inspected by the city authorities. Do I need to say more?

Room Tip: Don't stay at this filthy bug infested motel. The pool has algae in it. Bugs and dirt throughout the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scotchforme
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I would have given it a 2.5 rating but there isn't one. There are two separate buildings; one that is a one story, old school motel and the other is a two story newer motel. We were given a room on the end of the old school motel with a view. When I walked in, I was not happy. The room was cramped, dated, dirty and the furnishings were worn. The bathroom was small and dated. The deck was dirty and so was the furniture on the deck. There was debris on the deck so obviously no cleaning person had been out there.

After the initial "shock" I went to the office and asked to be moved to another room. I told the lady owner of the problems and she started challenging me about the condition of the room and the cleanliness. I told her to come and see but I wanted to know if there was a room available in the newer building. I won't go into the entire conversation, but she was rude and had absolutely no customer service skills whatsoever. If I ever talked to customers the way she talked to me, I would be fired. Anyway, her young colleague took me to a room on the 2nd floor of the newer building. I walked in and was shocked at the difference between the one they originally assigned. The room was bigger, the furniture was better, the bathroom was fine and the linens, bed and accessories was night and day and the room was clean. The balcony had clean furniture on it although it was full of bugs (somewhat to be expected when you're on the water). I told the young lady that it was fine and I would take it. They exchanged our room and we didn't have any other complaints. The room had a great view of the Mackinaw Bridge, was right on the water but the beach was small and looked dirty. It was a quiet place so no complaints there. The continental breakfast was just donuts and stuff like that, but the coffee wasn't bad. We went out for breakfast.

If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't book there even though the price was reasonable. There are too many other hotels/motels in the area to choose from.

Room Tip: 2nd floor of newer building; great views, safer and quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rose b
Reviewed 9 August 2017

we were a group of 6 motorcyclists circling around lake huron... we rented the cottage which had 2 bedrooms and a kitchen.(not stocked) nothing fancy but all we needed.... we loved the little patio and pool.......michelle and the girls who ran the place ran a tight ship, and we had a great stay.... the little breakfast next door that was included with our stay was a nice bonus.... cannot wait to go back...

Room Tip: the cottage was great for a group
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Great staff, clean room and beautiful views of Bridge and Island. Plenty to do in every direction. Petoskey and Harbor Springs is within an hour ( due to 31 closed at Pellston) Take 75 south to exit 322 Cheboygan and follow the detour. Cross the bridge and take the Lake Huron Circle tour. Beautiful views of the lake and quaint towns.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This place was the most disgusting bug and poop ridden place I have ever stayed my kids were afraid to go outside the door cuz there was thousands of spiders front ladies were very rude rooms are full of spiders we just have an awful time hear the pool had two dead frogs in it when we arrived if anybody reads this do not stay here it is not family-orientated there is no breakfast Wi-Fi is junk and of course s*** all over the place and the only reason this place is getting a one stars because I have to please please do not stay here bug are in the beds

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family