All reviews the concierge lounge front desk hotel restaurant shopping mall parking garage convenient location very nice hotel wedding party platinum member breakfast buffet business trip dining options sunday morning king bed fitness center mile road ann arbor
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here one night. Reservation was easily made online. Check in was fast and efficient with very nice personnel. The room was cozy, clean and quiet. Huge TV. Great temperature control and a pleasant view from the window (2nd floor). We ordered breakfast from room service. The food was great. Only issues were: we ordered grapefruit juice and got orange juice; ordered an extra side of hash browns but didn’t get them (we called about this miss and they delivered within 10 minutes). We’ll go back for sure.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Trip Advisor travelers;

On behalf of the Detroit Marriott Livonia team we thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts and personal perspective into action. We greatly value and appreciate all our guests comments, both positive and negative, as they help provide insight into how we can do more better. We are pleased to hear you felt our accommodations cozy and service pleasant; unfortunately we missed the mark in accuracy when capturing your rooms service order. We will be sure to continue to work with our team members to improve.

In gratitude,

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I used to stay here a lot. As much as 1-2 nights every week for the better part of three years. The staff was always very good. Months ago, my travel to the Detroit area was reduced and I haven't been here as much.

When I arrived a clerk at the front desk who has worked here a couple years remembered my name. He thanked me for staying and observed that I hadn't been here for a while. It was nice that he remembered me. In the past, I found recognition from staff very inconsistent. Kate, who works the front desk, never once addressed me by name or thanked me during past stays, even though her and I have probably interacted 75 times in 2-3 years.

Most of the hotel is fine. I always get a room on the top floor, which is clean and relatively fresh, though admittedly the decor could seem outdated for some guests used to the newest Marriott properties. The 55-inch TVs are excellent. I just wish the TV package received CBC out of Canada like some of the other Marriott hotels in the Detroit area.

My biggest complaint is the restaurant. It is very inconsistent and has been for years. Sometimes you get a great server, other times you get someone with zero service ability. Some of the staff doesn't even know where to correctly place silverware or plates. It's basic etiquette. The food is generally good, but I would say that 50% of the time I have stayed here an order is incorrect.

On my most recent stay and dinner, the kitchen forgot pizza sauce on my pizza. Like seriously, how do you forget pizza sauce? I don't ask for freebies but I thought the manager might at least offer a complimentary drink or 10% off the bill. Nothing but an insincere apologize. This manager has zero personality. She is tall, maybe 50-something and blonde. Problems at a restaurant start with the manager, not the staff.

One pet peeve. I ordered two glasses of wine for dinner but they never poured the wine in front of me so I have no idea if I actually received what I ordered. A good restaurant always shows you the bottle, even when you order by the glass.

All things considered, this is an acceptable value for the price. I just wish the management would improve the hotel and its restaurant around the edges. For example, give the restaurant a new coat of paint and a good deep cleaning -- lots of old food down the cracks of the booths. This should be a 4-star Marriott. Right now, it's a good, reliable 3-star Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank planetraincar

Thank you PlaneTrainCar ~ you provided a very detailed review which will be extremely helpful in making changes to do better. I am sorry you felt we did not properly respond to an error in your food order; it is never acceptable to be un-empathetic. Please know we do appreciate your review, in spite of its "rough edges" because it allows us to address very specific concerns and coach counsel. We never want our guests to feel un-appreciated ~ thank you again!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time for a wedding. The rooms are nice and clean (although the bathroom was a bit small). The breakfast, which you have to get a voucher for, was great with a decent selection.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Our family stayed at the Marriott attached to Laurel Park mall and it was great! We had a spacious, clean room. The pool was tons of fun for our 5 year old son, and it is conveniently located right next to the mall for all of our shopping needs! Check it out soon!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you TripAdvisor Traveler for your brief and candid review. From your writing it seems you had a staycation and we are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. Please know we greatly value and appreciate your patronage, and more importantly your personal insight so that we may stay abreast of all our guests needs, both corporate and leisure.

With gratitude and appreciation,

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Next to a mall. It’s always nice to stay at a Marriott hotel because you know their standards and this hotel met them. We had a meeting in one of their boardrooms, utilized their banquet food. The food was very good. Service was also good.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dale; on behalf of the staff of the Detroit Marriott Livonia, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your personal thoughts regarding your recent stay as well as providing a brief review of your catered event. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to put your thoughts into action and hope to have the pleasure of serving as your home away from home when in the Livonia area.

In gratitude,