“Delicious burgers and great service”
Review of The Creole

The Creole
Ranked #15 of 481 Restaurants in Lansing
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am pretty picky about where I will eat a hamburger. Most bar burgers and large, dry and overcooked. My husband and I visited Creole last week. We were able to snag one of the few outdoor tables and it was a beautiful day. We ordered the shrimp cakes off the Happy Hour Menu, and they are a delicious appetizer, if you like shrimp. We also shared a Patty Melt and I would have to say it was the best hamburger I have ever had. The egg on top makes it extra luscious. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Great gourmet burgers and priced accordingly. The burger with fried oysters was $16 whole the Classic was $9. Probably get two meals out of one burger. Limited selection outside of the burgers. Appetizers were a little $$ as well. Great place if you’re in the mood for upscale tender burgers.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The food was excellent. Our waitperson (luckily) was SO good. Her recommendations were spot-on. She was always at your elbow, but only when you just realized you needed something. Never once had to look for her or ask for anything.
Only Problem: the manager.
She was VERY rude to our guest of honor (a going away brunch get-together). She literally dismissed our guest with the wave of the back of her hand, who approached her to ask for a larger table as more folks had arrived than anticipated. I was about to give her a piece of my mind when our wonderful waitstaff person (Andrea, I believe) saw the carnage about to happen and stepped in and saved the day.
After this I watched her as we ate. Never a smile, she treated her staff the same way she treated our Indian guest. NOT COOL.
This place is marvelous but ask for Andrea, and avoid the dark-haired woman manager as best you can.
I hope she finds a job she can enjoy. I doubt she is ANY fun to work with (with her attitude you work FOR her).

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve been wanting to try this place since it switched from an upscale creole place to a burger bar and were looking forward to it, but ended up being a little disappointed. We visited this past Saturday afternoon (they open for lunch/dinner on the weekends at 3:00 pm, after the brunch) and it was not too busy. My wife tried the basic burger and I had the hot chicken sandwich. The waitress did not ask my wife how she wanted her burger and it came out charred and well done. Not very good at all. On the menu, it says you can ask for the chicken sandwich to be “melt your face off” hot or just regular hot. I opted for the regular hot and it was still too spicy hot for me to eat. I enjoy hot food, but this was too hot to enjoy. On the positive side, the fries were fresh cut and delicious and the beer and drink selection was excellent. The atmosphere here is still really good and we’ll definitely be back for the brunch, which we love. May wait awhile to try it for lunch again though.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Drove over from Grand Blanc looking for something new. Thinking Cajun...and they have that if you want. My wife had the Pimento Burger and i had the chicken sandwich “in your face” extra spicy. Both were fantastic and would order again.

Olivia waited on us and was attentive and sweet!

This is a must try spot in Lansing. Enjoy!