“Good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Painesville, Ohio
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The room was very nice. The decor was pleasing as well. The pool was nice and the lobby was as well. It was a little disturbing to see a sign that said no outside alcohol permitted. I should be able to bring in what I want to drink. There were no microwaves in the room and while our room had a mini fridge our friends next door did not. Not sure if it was left in there from previous guests. The rooms were ok in the cleanliness department. Internet was very slow at times. Tv was nice. They serve some Starbucks drinks, but the two times I had a white chocolate mocha, it was not very good. Also the tub is a little weird shaped, I felt like I could fall in the shower at any minute. Overall, a good experience!

Room Tip: Not by the pool! Kids like to swim early in the morning and can be a little loud!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed there many times. Staff is good, efficient, helpful. Rooms clean. No elevator to 2nd floor.

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Hudson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Started by realizing the place has a beautiful new lobby. Close to several fabulous restaurants and shopping.

They do not have elevators. They did their best accommodating me, I registered for a suite they gave me a regular room and lowered my rate by ten dollars with free breakfast.

The shower filled up to my ankles...gross,

The staff was terrific, however I don't think this Marriott (physically) is a good reflection of what Marriott is all about.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

The hotel has definitely made some recent improvements as far as decor. The staff were very pleasant and helpful during my stay. I didn't have any issues with my internet connection while I was there. The bed was very comfortable, and the flat screenTV was a nice touch. The hotel and parking seemed safe, and there is fabulous shopping across the road.

On the downside, in both of my recent stays, the rooms had a musty smell. The water took a really long time (at least 4 minutes) to get hot/warm in the sink. I would actually have to turn it on and do other things before it heated up. I do feel the bathrooms could be updated as well-- toilets didn't flush so well (little things like that are important touches!).

Overall, I would stay there again, but I wouldn't be too excited about it.... just an average hotel.

Room Tip: Check rates on hotel website as they are very similar to those on discount travel websites.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank leedeedav
Wilton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Very nice hotel. Recently renovated. However, they made a very poor decision to eliminate the hot tub in the renovation.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank brzdvm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
1.0 km away
12.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West
3.7 km away
East Lansing Marriott at University Place

Been to Courtyard Lansing? Share your experiences!