All reviews front desk decent value room was clean breakfast hours breakfast area would stay again fitness center nice place to stay free breakfast off the highway lobby barrell inns cracker tile
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We had a nice large room with a good layout. Our daughter had the room next to us and it was much smaller. It depends on where your room is. The room had a fridge and microwave, nice TV with DirecTV. Everything was clean and nice. The bathroom had a beautiful shower but no bathtub. The bathroom door did not lock. The room was a bit stuffy at night, but we were in the midst of a 90 degree heat wave. The choices in the free breakfast were pretty limited. The indoor pool was nice but small and did not include a hot tub. There was a nice Cracker Barrell within walking distance.

Room tip: Top floor is quietest.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LakeshoreLady2
Royalyne R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Greetings and thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback, compliments, and suggestions. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Clean, efficient room with all the amenities a traveler needs. The front desk is wonderful and Shannon, on second shift, always had a smile, always asked about my day and did I need anything......wonderful attitude. I booked a room for another week!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank curt b
Royalyne R, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for the review! It is always great to have the opportunity to give special praises to those doing an outstanding job! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Was quite happy with the continental breakfast. Great selection there. There was a pool but no hot tub unfortunately. Nothing went wrong while there. Easy to get to right off the highway. A few fast food places around and a crackerbarrel.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank canadiantraveller335
Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel in August 2017 while in Kalamazoo for the weekend. This hotel is a few miles west of downtown Kalamazoo - real close to the expressway I-94 so easy and quick drive to get to downtown Kalamazoo. Our room was on the third floor. We had a large room with a king size bed. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and there was a coffee maker in the room. This hotel has a small pool, a fitness center and laundry facilities. Breakfast is served on the first floor in the morning. There is a restaurant next door. When we arrived at 3pm, our hotel room was ready and the staff at the front desk was courteous. When in Kalamazoo, we will stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017

My stay last week was dismal. When asking the staff about a fitness room, I was greeted with an eye roll and a snarky answer by the snarky manager. Being close to the highway, it wasn't as loud as I expected it to be. Room was dusty and smelled. I will not be back. Still waiting for my receipt so I can ask Marriott for my money back.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Royalyne R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

I am so sorry to hear about the troubles during your stay. I would love to speak to you directly and get into more detail so I can address the issues with the staff members involved to assure that this does not happen again in the future. Please feel free to call the hotel and ask for me.