All reviews holiday inn ping pong pool area hot tub bunk beds front desk arcade room large pool on site restaurant picnic tables breakfast buffet birthday party little things the staff was friendly and helpful fitness center holidome poolside
Reviewed 27 January 2018

This was the reccomended hotel for a conference, and so we booked it. First, it's underrenovations, so you cannot rest in the afternoon, or anytime between 9am-7pm if you need to rest. There was at least one large bug we saw int he room. One of the towels had a large clump of short cut hair in it, like beard trmmings, or god knows what else. At 11pm there were children running up and down the hall yelling (that was not the hotel's fault, but they weren't able to control the guest). We left at 11:30pm before even spending the night to go downt the road to the Baymon Inn (very nice, more worn, but clean and quiet!)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Abby W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kalamazoo Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Zoomflute, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at our property.
The Hotel is going under a huge renovation and we apologize for any issues this may have caused you during your stay. Recently we have done an overhaul on our Pool/Atrium guidelines in hopes to control future noise disturbances. We hope when we are complete with our renovations and have refreshed our entire property you will come back and give us another try.

Respectfully,
Abby W
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

My room looked very clean at first. But was not. My hat fell behind the bed and when i went to pick it up i seen something else..It was someones underwear that they left there.What is gross is that they most not clean behind the beds. Because they look like they have been there for awhile.This is the only review i am writing about this because i am not as upset as my wife.But she is writing her own reviews on several website because it made her sick. And the front desk didnt help us like they should of.. also we got a pool side room. And that was also horrible. We could not even see the pool. Also when we got there the manager was going off on a customer that was just asking her if the pool would be open for her grand kids and she would not give her a answer. Then when we where eating breakfast the cook that filled the trays with food had on his pajamas he looked like he just got out of bed and started working and then we seen the guy put the ice in the machine and smoothed it out with his bare hand. Anyways enough said thanks for reading

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Abby W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kalamazoo Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn West Kalamazoo. I am very sorry about the condition and location of your room. I was informed of the issue with the underwear behind the bed frame against the wall in your room. We have referred your comments and concerns to our Housekeeping Manager so we may avoid this in the future and just as importantly, so that our entire Housekeeping staff can be trained properly. I'm sorry that you felt like the Manager was "going off" on a guest at the Front Desk. We were all trying to assist and explain and resolve the difficult situations that arose with the pool and renovation concerns that most guests had.
Not all of our pool side rooms have a view of the pool. As you could see when you were here we are under going a renovation and some of the areas by the pool were blocked off for safety. Everyone was able to use the pool area and hot tub, also the games were available to play that are normally in the Atrium area as well.
I would like to further discuss your stay with you. When you have time please call me at 269.375.6000 so I may speak with you in person. Until then, please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences that you experienced while you were here.
Sara Conant
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel needs to be updated. Room was 56 degrees at check in 3am room was only 66 with temperature set at 72. Beds are small and room feel dirty. Pool area looked nice however was closed for maintenance. Breakfast was great.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Abby W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kalamazoo Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate all insight on what we can do to make all of our guests stay a great stay. We hope to see you when our remodel is complete!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here two nights. Upon arrival the heat in my room was off and it was a chili 53 in there. I tuned the heat on and set it to 90. I then did some running around for a few hours, when I returned it was still a bit cold only went up about 6 degrees. I waited till about 7pm and finnaly went to the front desk. They ended up moving me to another room, that rooms heat worked just fine. This hotel could ise updated, I hear it's changing to a different franchise so will be getting that I assume. However I probably won't see it since I don't usually use this franchise I hear it's switching too.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Abby W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kalamazoo Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we appreciate our guests and always want to hear about their stays.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We came back again to do my son's birthday party.

We had a few problems this time. First off, check in was 3 pm, we arrived there about 3:30 and the room wasn't ready. If this was the only problem the whole visit, I would have been okay.

We booked a pool side room again as it worked out so well last time. Not so much, our room was up against a wall so there was no room for a party poolside. Also, there were no tabled, etc available. We ended up moving the whole party to the restaurant which ended up costing everyone more money. The restaurant was very accomodating and we had not problems there.

After dinner, cake and presents we decided to get in the pool. Well, another bad choice. Water was still so cold you couldn't enjoy it. There were kids EVERYWHERE! I understand this is a family place, but there is NO WAY there were adults supervising all those kids. We spent a couple of minutes in the hot tub and that was only because it was empty enough. Again with the kids, they were jumping in and out of the hot tub like it was a pool. In understand why, it was warm where the pool isn't. There was a family of little kids, maybe age 4-6 in the hot tub and their parents were in their coats and hats standing outside the gated area. The kids also didn't have arm bands on. Paying guests, I think not.....

We got up the next morning, took a lazy morning, and when I was in the shower at 10 am, housekeeping comes by and tells my husband they need to get in there to clean the room. Checkout is noon. We then change our plans for the morning as we felt pressured to leaving keeping in mind our room wasn't ready for us the day before.

When I went to the front desk to check out and complain, one lady apologized and said sorry after I explained to her about housekeeping versus check out time. The other lady piped in and said that is because of express check out, they don't know which rooms are empty.

We are going to find another venue for my son's birthday party next year. It just wasn't good this time.

Room Tip: Kids enjoyed the bunk beds in the pool side rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Abby W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kalamazoo Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with important feedback.
We always want our guests to feel appreciated, and hope to learn from past experiences in order to make the next stay better.