See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2016

This room was paid for, in full, almost one week in advance of our arrival. I booked online and did NOT receive a confirmation of booking. I called to confirm and called to make sure that the front desk knew that my daughter, arriving for an equestrian competition at Richland Horse Park would be able to check in by herself prior to my arrival. The staff at the front desk hassled my daughter about the room not being in her name. Note that they did not call me, the mother who had paid in advance and called them to give them a heads up. The front desk staff also hassled my daughter about some horse hairs that were stuck on her shirt from unloading horses at the competition prior to their arrival at the hotel. The staff accused my daughter of smuggling animals into the hotel (dogs???, horses???) and said she was trying to avoid paying an additional fee for having animals in the room! Let me just add that the room had a dirty bathroom, dirty sink, dirty counter top, and dirty shower/tub! This area had someone else's hair stuck into the wet areas of the bathroom that had not been cleaned. There was only one small soap and 2 towels. This was a room with 2 queen size beds. We stayed for 2 nights and the room was not cleaned. The wet towels were not removed. I had to go to the front desk and ask for towels. The staff was reluctant to provide the clean towels! I personally cleaned the bathroom both nights so that we could shower. I called corporate office to complain about this hotel and their complacent attitude towards a guest that had paid in full before the stay. Their website offers a no frills room, comfortable, clean and pleasant stay. It was no frills, no cleaning, no towel service, no customer service and unsanitary. Econo Lodge Corporation, do you really advertise services that you have no intention of providing once a monetary agreement has been made and paid in full or do you plan to correct this problem? Refund is the least you can do for ruining my weekend!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank ardisbilley
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We booked a room with two king size beds. When we checked in the lobby was very nice. When directed to our room in the back part of the complex, when we walked in it immediately smelled, mostly of stale cigarette smoke. We booked for 3 nights, because of funeral arrangements. The room was initially okay. We went to the pool, and it was littered with cigarette butts on the deck and even a few in the pool. The pool furniture was a very poor condition. There was human hair in the water. The following morning when showering, there was human hair on the shower walls, totally gross!!! For the 3 nights were there our beds were not made up, and the trash was not emptied. They did not replace the plastic drinking glasses. We did get fresh towels. There are apparently some semi-permanent residents there, and the noise at night was terrible.

Room Tip: I would NOT stay there again!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pdwyer2016
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We were pondering making it home but there were some MAJOR weather issues so we decided to stay here after some pricing disagreements with a hotel next door

The room was way bigger than I was expecting, it was quiet and we made the right decision.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2016

We stayed at this Econolodge in Kalamazoo, MI on Saturday, May 21, 2016. I booked and paid for the room through Priceline.com. for a double king-non smoking room. The condition of the beds were nasty. It's an older property, but there is no excuse for the filthy hallways, stained carpets, and dirty bed covers. Breakfast was not good very limited and there were only three tables and six chairs. We had to leave before we finished our breakfast because other hotel guests were waiting to sit. I did not like the environment of the hotel. Guests were very loud. The pool was really nasty. I guess they did not open the pool yet.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank rokshanaazim
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Don't stay there. Filthy hallways and rooms, stained sheets on the beds. So much filth in the hallways they needed to be raked not vacuumed. Did not want to be in the parking lot after dark, people drinking in Cars, could never find any staff.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family