Knights Inn Kalamazoo
US$210
US$165
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Then again shelters I believe have clean sheets! Area rather sketchy. Parking lot very dark. Felt unsafe. Dark unsecured hallways. The sheets were not laundered. Begged to get my money back and get out of there. No luck .....but did get a different cleaner room. Wish I took pictures! Disgusting!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank sandramckee49
Reviewed 17 October 2016

My sister stayed in this place, and was taken to the hospital. This hotel took it upon themselves to keep the items, and will not return them. If you even had an ounce of heart you would have kept them for her, especially if she had called and spoken to you! . It's the only clothes she owns. Now it is all gone, suitcase and all.
Who can run a place like this with conscious... She is still in the hospital. Wasn't able to call again, yet. Please let me know how you want to settle this. I left my number at the front desk with Si. He says Bobby you own or manage the place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank _jodicarlson1
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

This place was awful! The outside of the building was run down. The cliental was extremely low class. And to make things even worse the hotel had terrible staff and management. Let's start with the area is not the best area of town. It was well lit when I got there but the lights turned off before the son rose and let me tell you it was very dark and didn't feel safe. I get to my room and hear a clicking sound in my vent all night, don't know what it was and didn't care to find out. I take a shower and there's barely enough room for one person. I go to check out and the guy at the front desk refuses to give me a receipt. He said their system couldn't issue receipts. I even asked if he could hand write a receipt and he refused. I think after this experience and others with Knights Inn I won't be visiting any Knights Inn again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank matt912013
Reviewed 1 November 2015

It was awful. Where to start...The area is sketchy and unsettling, our room was way down an unsecured hall, in the back. Our toilet leaked terribly and we had to use all our towels to dry the floor. Then it clogged up and wouldn't flush at all. Their solution? Brought my husband a plunger. The shower curtain was moldy and the smoke detector out in the dark hallway had a battery going dead. So it chirped ALL night. We requested more pillows and towels (since ours were used to soak up the toilet water) but none ever came. We asked them to fix the toilet, get us a new shower curtain and change the smoke detector battery. No response. And the neighbors in the adjoining room had a cat in their room that cried and meowed constantly. The view outside our window was an abandoned wheelbarrow and a broken down lawnmower with dirty underwear draped over the handle. Over all, it was horrendous. We would have been happier sleeping in our car.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. RUN to another hotel. Quickly.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Patty T
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I stayed here because it was cheap and I was unfamiliar with the area (I am from Canada), but would absolutely not stay here again. Part of my reason for staying was the free wifi, which did not work - I would connect to the network and either signal strength would be too low or it would just be really really slow, or just lose connection. Impossible to use. The front desk tried reseting the router but that did nothing. The clientele/neighbourhood were also a little off putting.
The worst part was the bugs though - found one crawling on me but bed looked clean, so I just slept in my clothes. Woke up to a dead bed bug on the pillow and found more crawling on the bed after. Immediately jumped in the shower, through my contaminated stuff in a bag, and left as soon as I could.
I will say that the desk staff were very friendly and tried to be helpful.

Room Tip: check for bed bugs
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo