See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night since I was stuck in town at the last minute. The room was clean and I liked the flooring but that was about it. I have never been in a hotel that did not provide shampoo. Normally I would bring my own but I wasn't expecting to stay overnight. There wasn't a blow dryer either which is usually standard in hotel rooms. Oh but there was a laundry basket. The lighting in the room was only two bright recessed lights in the ceiling. There were no lamps by the bed (again, should be standard), so you either had the overhead lights or nothing. And lastly, there was no sound buffer between the rooms. The person or people in the room above me were up before 5 am and it sounded like they were rearranging the furniture. I would not recommend this place.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

I do apologize that our hotel didn't quite meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with my staff in hopes of improving our future services.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I made my reservation with a girl named Althea she was very helpful and got my stuff done with no problem I stay there for a few months to work and with no issues would come back the rooms are clean the staff is helpful I would definitely recommend this to anybody who is staying for a long period of time.

Room tip: the front side room is quieter the back is towards the highway
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

We are so glad our staff was able to make your time at WoodSpring Suites a great one. The WoodSpring Suites’ team strives to make your stay one you won’t forget. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope we get the privilege to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

thin walls..could hear all the neighbors conversations. small rooms. nice storage area under platform bed. VERY basic room for cheap price. Neg: I was locked out of my room upon returning from work (at midnight) due to a discrepancy in my payment arrangement that was an error on the part of the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will look into everything you've brought to our attention. We strive to provide every guest with a great experience and apologize this did not happen in your case.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I have been staying here on and off since November of 2016. Althea is the person I have the most encounters with. She is super nice and jumps right on a problem. I really appreciate her professionalism and her ability to brighten up any situation. The housekeepers are OK.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and provide some great feedback. We are pleased that overall you had a nice stay with us and that you felt comfortable. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

New carpet, LED lighting, and paint scheme in hallways. New LED lighting in room. Great staff. Althea is always helpful, understanding, and kind.
Being an extended stay hotel, shopping is within 15 minutes in any direction, as is downtown Kalamazoo and Portage.
Would definitely stay at another Woodspring when travelling or re-locating.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. So glad the location was convenient for you and found the staff eager to please. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and we’re glad to hear we did just that. We hope you will choose to stay with us again, next time you're in the area.