“Savannah saves the day”

Hampton Inn Kalamazoo
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 10 August 2016

The hotel and its amenities are everything you'd hope to find. Aloofness from each member of the front desk was overridden by personable Savannah. How she can face that crew each day, I'll never know. This place is close to a couple of fun recreational parks down the road. I'd stay here again, but I might come prepared with some jokes, just to annoy the front desk staff. Ha!

Room Tip: Liked the view of the airport.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Great hotel great staff great location. This location is close to the airport and great dining locations. Easy access to town and an airport exit. My week long stay was clean quiet and uneventful. Internet access aside the location was amazing

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Although the staff is really friendly and nice, I am just staying here since it close to the Kalamzoo/Battle Creek Airport, my work and for my Hilton points. The location is pretty dead. The rooms are big but needs to be cleaned really thoroughly (especially the floors). My second day after coming from my work, I came to my room to find the door open. I quickly checked my belongings (good that there was nothing missing) and reported it to the front desk. All I got was "we will inform the housekeeping team" - ahem! Not even an apology. Oh well.......

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Very nice hotel right next to the local airport. There was no noise from the airport as I'm guessing they don't have flights out at night. I'm not sure if this is a new location or just been freshly updated but it is very modern and nice. The bathroom was large but the door was a barn door type that slides on a rail and can't be locked. It wasn't a problem for us but some may not like that. More counter space than I have ever seen in a hotel bathroom. Very comfortable bed. The elevator made a lot of noise and I was afraid we might get stranded in it. Not a lot of parking around the hotel. We were pulling a trailer and were lucky enough to find one spot that we could fit into. Breakfast is fairly typical stuff. I did like that they had oatmeal made because I prefer that over making my own with from the packets. My husband had some sliced sausage and he said it was very good. They do have a fitness center which looked larger than most hotels.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016

Stayed on the third floor in a two queen room--bed was super comfortable--pillows seemed to be also, but I always bring my own when on a driving trip so I didn't really use them. There was a mini fridge (not stocked, but available for use) and a single cup coffee maker in the room and that is always nice. Bathroom was spacious and clean and shower had nice water pressure which I really like. Breakfast was just okay -- eggs a bit rubbery and oatmeal a bit pasty. Not many gluten-free options for me, but there were breads and a waffle maker for those that like that. Didn't use indoor pool or gym but they both looked nice. Only weird thing in the nice hotel was the bad elevators: both had a weird squeaking noise and there a tacky sticker signs on the door which are fading and make it look very cheap... But staff was nice and overall would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends