“Spent 31 days here. It was fine.”

TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 13 July 2017

It was a clean room, breakfast was fine, though you sort of get sick of eating the same thing for breakfast everyday, but it's all good. They can't really help that.

My main concern was with front desk staff. They could really give Brittany, the front desk supervisor of their location in Fort Lauderdale, FL a call. She could give them some pointers on how to make guest feel more comfortable on longer stays.

Room Tip: I wouldn't spend my own money to stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The rooms were nice, the staff friendly, the breakfast good, but I have to give the hotel a poor rating because they did not honor our room request. My group was attending the UKC dog show sand staying for almost a week. Knowing that the hotel would be fully booked, I made the group reservation in September 2016 for a June 2017 stay: for 10 rooms on the ground floor. The ground floor preference was stated on the contract and each of us asked again for this when we made our individual reservations. As it turned out, only 1 member of our group received a ground floor room and she only had 1 dog. The rest of us with 3-4 dogs were schlepping dogs and crates up and down elevators all week. Worse than this, one member of our group wanted to bring her elderly parents who have some health issues. She decided that a special-access room was not necessary because she booked a ground floor room. They were placed on the third floor!!!!! And as observant Jews they couldn't use the elevators on the sabbath. When I brought this to the attention of the booking staff, all I got was a 'sorry'. Needless to say, we won't be back.

I should also mention that there were some noisy groups there. We were hesitant to complain because people were tolerant of occasional barks by our dogs. However group members witnessed one nude young man in the hall in the middle of the night, and one also had a crude drawing slipped at random under the door. Clearly the chaperones of the young men were not doing their job.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
TPSKZOOGM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Hello Lee66047,

Thank you for attending the Kalamazoo UKC premier dog show event and staying with us. I am so very sorry we could not accommodate your groups room location request and the inconveniences it caused everyone. I can understand the difficulties this caused, we did our best to accommodate for the very busy weekend event with an estimated attendance of 25,000 people. We are an extended stay hotel a large percentage of our ground floor rooms were occupied by guests staying from 3 months to a year with pets. As a very pet friendly hotel we do our very best to accommodate all on ground floor and also our pet policy states a maximum of 2 pets per room.

Thank you for the kind words about our amazing team who welcome all with a smile and a housekeeping team members who do an outstanding job.

We again sincerely apologize and wish you a great day :-)

Reviewed 30 May 2017

This is a wonderful place to spend time while in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It is clean and well maintained. The grounds are beautiful. They are not profuse, but adequate as I came for the dog show and there was plenty of space to walk my dogs. They even provide premium dog poop bags to use! The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and the kitchenette was very helpful. It is fairly priced and a good value.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I only chose this hotel because I needed a place that would let me have my dogs for the night. I chose a 2 Queen Suite. Room 103 was perfect because it was right by the end door. It allowed me to take dogs out and also be at the end of the hall so less noise.

We heard one other dog once which set off a bit of barking but never heard any other pet noises the whole night. Thermostat allows for constant fan which is a big deal to me because I like some ambient noise to block out other hotel noises. It was a very quiet hotel.

Cracker Barrel is next door and so is the highway so the location is very convenient. Morning breakfast was typical. Staff is very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable, showing some signs of wear but not bad. Closet space is great and kitchen is adequately equipped. Bathroom is small but sufficient.

I've never stayed at this particular brand of hotel but I was happy with stay and would do it again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweetiebeak
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Located right off I-94, which was very close to the conference I was attending. Many other people were staying there for the same reason. Plenty of food in the morning at the continental breakfast. Bathroom a bit small, but that doesn't bother me. Reception was very kind, we had no problems. Got a quiet and good nights sleep. Room was clean and no funky smells.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business