All reviews front desk free laundry full kitchen pool and hot tub western michigan university breakfast buffet nice room room rate bed was comfortable yogurt the entire staff home away from home kitchenette zeus bedroom dishwasher pantry
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Reserved a room by calling the hotel directly Monday at lunch time. Asked for a room on the first floor near the pool and an entrance. The man said he would put me in room 101 near the pool and an entrance. When I arrived at around 5:30, I was told I could not have that room because of a maintenance issue. At around 7:30 I learned that one of may associates who worked later, and checked in later, was put in room 101. I was put on the second floor near the elevator. Wed. Morning I decided to make some coffee in my room, and discovered the coffee pot had old grounds with a large amount of green mold growing in it. I notified the front desk, who took the coffee pot to show the manager. I heard nothing from the manager during the day on Wednesday regarding extra points to my account that the clerk had promised. I checked with the desk clerk, who had no information to share. I also asked for a roll of toilet paper, since there was only 6" of paper left on the roll, and no spare roll after my room was serviced. I am very disappointed in the reservation process and the room maintenance. I will not stay here again in the future.
c

Room tip: Stay somewhere else!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rick G
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi Rick G,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. Everyone there was very nice and always willing to help. I would easily recommend this as a place to stay. It is in a very good location, and easy to get onto the freeway without being right at the freeway.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is our go-to hotel when we're in Kalamazoo. My last review mentioned how it's losing its sparkle, and it is, but we were happy to hear that renovations are coming soon. Sparkle aside, I still appreciate the consistent water temperature and pressure, the beautiful view of the courtyard, the kitchenette (although the dishwasher was very loud), staff member Zeus who is always courteous and helpful, the breakfast (great cinnamon rolls), and the very reasonable rates for all of this. One evening we even sat outside in the courtyard at the fire pit. We love the restaurants that are within walking distance. I'm excited to see the improvements that are coming. My one issue is with the air conditioning. When it's running, there are certain places in the suite where its reverberations cause headaches for me. I hope this is one of the things that gets fixed.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017

DH and I stayed here for a week while attending a family reunion. comfortable, we had a room overlooking the back courtyard, fantastic!! much better view than the front parking lot. Kitchen was handy for days when we didn't want to go out and eat ... however, the knives need to be replaced badly (ultra-dull, we tried to cut a watermelon and the knife was so dull, it slipped on the skin and I sliced my palm open). Took 8 stitches at the ER to sew it together. Great evening social hour M-W evenings ... another great way to reduce meal expenses. Full breakfast buffet every day, everyday was a bit different. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best point, free laundry!! Just need your room key to access.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I am baffled that anyone gave this hotel a good rating. My experience over 3 night stay has been terrible.

The bed is hard with very cheap super thin blanket. I asked the front desk if I could get an extra blanket and they argued there was one in my closet (there wasn't). I came downstairs to get an extra blanket from the front desk (they won't bring one to me) and it's super thin too...like a duvet cover. I had to laugh but 2 thin blankets are better than one right? The next day though, housekeeping had taken that blanket out of my room. I once again had to go downstairs for another blanket. No one at the front desk. Lights turned off downstairs. Hello? Is anyone here? Finally someone shows up and I get another blanket. The next day I come back to my room and that extra blanket housekeeping has thrown on the floor. Not slid off the bed...no it's in a pile on the floor several feet away from the bed. Why??? Once again it's up to me to go get another blanket from downstairs. Is this a hotel or a hostel? Ridiculous.

Also, a light in the room flickers. There's stains on the carpet, the faucet in the bathroom sink leaks onto the counter top when it's turned on. The elevators reek of cigarette smoke not once but every day. And to top it off a homeless person was sleeping on the bench outside the hotel this morning. This is honestly hands down the worst hotel I've ever been in, and i travel for work so have seen a lot of hotels. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MDtravel01
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Hello MDtravel01,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for writing a review about your experience. It is regrettable that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience due to the unsatisfactory quality of beds, blankets, and level of staff service you have received. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I am sorry that our hotel fell below your expectations.

We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Regards,