All reviews min walk room was clean downtown location western michigan university continental breakfast within walking distance the breakfast area fitness center brew campus conference
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Got put up in this hotel for work, had low expectations, but only needed the bare minimum. Upon arrival, we were only given the keys to one room, although 2 rooms were booked. After finally being given the keys to the second room, I arrived in the room to find it already occupied. Went back down to the front desk, got a 2nd room, and turns out that room was also already occupied as well. Third room I received was not occupied, but the heat/ AC would not turn on, there was hair all over the shower, soap scum + hard water so thick that the water struggled to come out and the tub was tinged green, the bathroom floor was so dirty that it left residue on my feet after walking on, and there was blood on the pillows and sheets. Staff was absolutely clueless and corporate was no help. Ended up having to stay with a friend in the area because the experience was so terrible. Would absolutely not recommend this hotel no matter how desperate you are.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I checked in on 6/23/18 for one night. We were in town for a weekend golf outing.
When I checked in on 6/23/18 at 18:01, there were absolutely no parking spots at the hotel. We were told by the desk receptionist that we could park on the street using the temporary parking permit, that I hung on my rear view mirror in my windshield. On the morning of 6/24/18, after checking out at 07:57, I went out to my truck, which was parked on the street behind the hotel, and found a parking ticket. I believe it was the hotel's responsibility to provide free parking for me, similar to the other patrons at the hotel. The hotel GM never responded to my request for a credit. I would not recommend this hotel due to the parking issue as well as the uncleanliness of the room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I've been bringing my group to this hotel for about 7 years now. Sonia and her team did everything they could to make sure nearly 60 guys had everything they needed and asked us to let them know if anything seemed out of order. I've seen comments indicating that it was dirty and/or the customer service wasn't very good but I for one respectfully disagree. The hotel was clean, any "hitch" in the group reservation was taken care of immediately and I never ran across a rude person. Sonia is the new manager there and she obviously takes great pride in the property and is demanding of her staff. The hotel is perfectly located between the WMU campus and downtown. The breakfast is fine for a hotel in this price range in this location. I'm already looking forward to next year's event and this location will definitely be our hotel of choice. If you're looking for a place to bring your group.... This is the place. Call directly and ask for Sonia. She will take good care of you.

Room Tip: Been in variety of rooms & never had bad experience. Guess if looking for quietest area, would be the 3rd floor as nobody above you.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2018

My fiance and I were trying to use this location as an option for wedding guests this fall. It took weeks to get the "block" (group reservation) organized in the first place because the manager was unresponsive to my initial calls. We then experienced confusion when a guest attempted to reserve one of the rooms and was incorrectly told that none were available anymore. When I called the manager figure out why this happened, I never heard back. I continued to call for over a week, still no call back. I finally called the corporate offices and was told that while they could confirm there were still available rooms for my guests, they had no control over the reservation and everything had to be done via an on-site manager. There was no one who could explain to me why our guest had been turned away, or apologize for this. So, in frustration, we decided to cancel our group reservation, but were told this couldn't be done by ANYONE besides the actual hotel manager themselves. I continued calling and leaving messages and NEVER HEARD BACK from management. Over 2 weeks later, I was finally able to get the entire block of rooms cancelled by angrily communicating with corporate offices via Facebook and explaining the situation. I am still infuriated by this entire experience. Their business lost a 20 room reservation because of their own lack of communication, and I never received an apology or call back from their manager. With so many other hotels in the Kalamazoo area, I HIGHLY recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This place is really awful: dirty, stained carpets and bed covers; a TV remote that did not not work; printer in lobby was broken; juice machine did not work.
Nicely located near Kalamazoo College, but not worth it! Staff was unresponsive to complaints as well.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business