“House Focaccia - Worth the trip for this alone”
Review of Martini's

Martini's
Ranked #33 of 364 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Open dinning room with 2 full bars, patio, live gypsy jazz music on weekend evenings. Private party room rental available.
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Sure, the service is decent at best.
But the reason we go to Martini's every time we're in Kzoo has nothing to do with service. Let's be honest.

Their "house focaccia" is the reason to visit, and the reason we've continued to visit for 20 years (seriously... how is that possible?!). It's a heaping load of fresh veggies on a focaccia crust with romano cheese sprinkled on top (no Mozzarella).

Their italian sausage and eggplant parm are also well worth trying out (as entrees or sandwiches).

It's hard to believe how little has changed with their food, and how happy that makes my belly.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

When my son went to Kalamazoo College he always said this was the best pizza in Michigan. I felt he was just being a "homer" when he made that statement. Living in the metro Detroit area I always felt we had some pretty good pizza places that could stand up to any in the country. My family and I were in Kalamazoo for an event and finally could try this pizza my son has been talking about.
All I can say he was 100% right. The 3 large pizzas we ordered were fantastic.
The menu had other items but we were there for the pizza and we weren't disappointed. Besides food, it also offered beer, liquor and hard ciders.
Back to the pizza: It is obvious that the dough, sauce, and sausage were all homemade and I think that is the main reasons these pizzas were so good.

If you are looking for a great pizza give this place a try..... you won't be disappointed.

For some the only drawback for the restaurant is the lack of TVs. If you want to watch a game you are out of luck. (We were having so much fun eating and talking I failed to notice the absence of TV.)

Reviewed 9 September 2016

The pizza here is great! My family and I can always rely on their pizza for dinner! Their calzones are great too.....sometimes the service is a little off though. In the summer, always sit outside, it's very peaceful.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Martini's. We enjoy the homemade minestrone soup and the house salad (which has more than lettuce in it) is so generous in size that we usually split it. It is one of the few restaurants we know of that serves pizza by the slice - so each of us can order what we like. One of our favorite dishes is a polenta appetizer. We also enjoy the outdoor patio in good weather months.
The waitstaff is very friendly and usually efficient.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped in Martini's mid afternoon on a Saturday.
We ordered an antipasto platter appetizer. The platter was very good and sufficient as an appetizer for five adults. Our meals included, sandwiches, pizza, salads and pasta dishes. The food was well prepared and the menu selection was creative although it took longer to be served than it should have.
Our server was very pleasant and efficient. I attribute our slow food service to the time of day…if was the change of shift in the kitchen.
I thought the cost was somewhat higher than I expected, but we will try Martini's Pizza another time.