“Delicious, interesting lunch”
Review of Zooroona

Zooroona
Reserve with OpenTable
Zooroona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 365 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great food and atmosphere
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Came here with family. We were visiting the area and it was our first time here. The service was very nice and attentive. Seems to be a family owned business and they care about customers. The Hummus was good and very smooth, not as much flavor as in some places. Pita was fresh and good. The standout of the meal is their Spicy Moroccan Soup, which I would highly recommend. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals, but have to say that the Tabbouleh salad I had was very, very salty. I ate it but would have been so much better with less salt (and I like salt). There are lots of veggie options here and also you can get gluten-free food. But by all means try that Spicy Moroccan Soup.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Not just a traditional Middle Eastern restaurant, Zooroona features inventive dishes that I’ve never seen elsewhere, and their execution is always spot on. The vegetarian dishes are particularly stellar. Prices are very reasonable for the quality fare.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I brought an out of town guest here with a coworker. Our guest is vegan, so I chose this restaurant based on a recommendation from the Vegan Kalamazoo website. The falafel and hummous appetizers were delicious; the hummous was rich and flavorful. I had the Lebanese Lamb Medley over Hummus, and it was very flavorful; I brought leftovers home and my kids all tried it and loved it, too. I paired it with a Lebanese Red (Massaya Le Colombier), which was excellent. The vegan entree was Mujadara, and my guest liked it a lot, but couldn't finish it.
Prices were quite reasonable, and the owner came to check to see how we were enjoying our meal.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Our family went to Zooroona for Valentine's Day. The Turkish Cigar Borek was creamy and inviting. However, the Kafta Kabob with Beef & Lamb was dry. Their garlic sauce must be made with raw garlic, because it was so strong, it caused my mouth to tingle.
My teenage daughter was happy with her Kafta Kabob with Chicken, which seemed to be lightly seasoned but still a little dry.
The star of the night was on my husband's Mixed Grill plate - the grilled shrimp was delicious, especially with the sauce that accompanies it.
I understand that we dined on Valentine's Day, but the dim lighting made it difficult to really enjoy our meal. Also, it was very loud in the restaurant, making it difficult to have a pleasant dinner conversation. Maybe I would have enjoyed the atmosphere on a less crowded day.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

VG food! Salads and hummus are great, so is the Persian chicken dish (don’t recall the name). Bread and Zatar is superb!

I just wish the service matched. Been there three times. First was OK but not great service. Second slipped a bit. Third time is was awful. Condescension from the hostess and unhelpful wait staff — just not a friendly place.

I’d still give it a shot. The food is that good. Consider take out.