“Good Thin Crust Pizza”

Fricano's
Ranked #92 of 370 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 16 November 2015

Cracker thin pizza that is simply delicious! Try the sausage pizza for a real treat! They have small bar for a cocktail before dinner and during warm weather the patio is a great spot to enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food as well as the wine at this great place. They have the ability to host large parties as well as it is fun to just be a few people. The wine list is small but has a lot of variety to choose from for a bottle or a glass. I had the individual pizza that has thin crust and great sauce. My husband had the shrimp spedini and loved it. He had a Caesar salad with it. The minestrone soup was delicious too. Although there are lots of people who frequent this place every night, we never have a problem finding a table when we come and never have had to wait long for a table. Very enjoying dining experience.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

This was our second time eating dinner at Fricano's. This time was Saturday night and there were a lot of cars in the parking lot. We were very happy for the second time in a row. We were sewed immediate. They have a large menu: lots of pasta dishes, pizza, chicken, seafood ... My hubby had the tomato/basil soup and the chicken Marsala. I had the same soup and the mussels, a featured appetizer, which I had for dinner. Both were excellent. The mussels were huge and served piping hot in a delicious broth of Chardonnay and herbs. They were served with their toasted baguette.
We also got delicious warm, home made bread on the side that was replenished as asked for. ( with olive oil/dish with herbs )
Our server was very friendly, attentive and efficient. The place was clean and they did a great job of cleaning up tables after guests left. We were full and will definitely make Fricano's a stop for dinner in the future !!!

Reviewed 29 September 2015

This is pretty much out in the middle of no where. That being said Food was great. our server "Holly" was very friendly and efficient. There was not a lot of variety but most of our group of 8 got something different and everyone said there dishes were top notch.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Last Sunday, we took visiting friends from NY to dinner at Fricano's of Alamo. After being seated an entire tray of food crashes to the floor which adds to our waitress's workload. My wife orders the crab cakes. Waitress: "We're outta that." OK, So, then she orders the Fisherman's Stew. Waitress: "We're outta that, too." This is an hour-and-a-half after the restaurant had opened. I order my usual pizza, to be baked well-done. Our food arrives. My pizza, obviously, is not well done. Not even close. More like barely done. I state that my pizza is not well-done. Waitress wants to argue with me: "That IS well-done!"

Fricano's of Alamo is no longer what it once was. My wife & I have routinely dined there for more than 30 years and I have appreciated how fantastically good the pizza at Fricano's of Grand Haven is for well over 50. I am pretty easy to please and can let a lot of the little stuff slide but not a waitress who rudely corrects me in front of my wife and friends and who doesn't know the difference between a well-done pizza and one that was barely baked. Not sure why but, lately, each time we go to Fricano's of Alamo it seems that the entire wait staff has been replaced since our last visit. There must be a reason. Years ago, this place had a pretty decent crew. No longer. We are done.

Fricano's of Grand Haven & Caledonia: HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Fricano's of Alamo: NOT RECOMMENDED.

3  Thank Vektorer