“DONT TRY IT”

Add it.
Spice and Rice
Ranked #281 of 364 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 14 November 2014

I have never tasted such disgusting food in my life. Its almost as if they warm up the chicken in the microwave. The food tastes old and absolutely terrible. I am very disappointed and I will never be a customer again.

Reviewed 1 November 2014

Well, it's food. We ate most of what was out in front of us. None of us just stopped eating. So in that sense it was edible. However it stops there. My son at K had been wanting to go. We ate lunch. We are inside. Don't. It was dirty. The ceiling tiles are coating with water, grease and stains. The one that had lights were filed with bugs. Th floor was dirty. Dead plants. Bugs on the window sills. Just not good. The tables had been wiped clean but that was it. We stayed. Bottom line is it is very basic very stereotypical Chinese. We had six things. The fried rice was the winner. The rest was as I said edible. Not awful but nothing that you would say is good. Probably perfect for midnight to 4 am. But if you are looking for anything more than just food, go elsewhere

1  Thank scott s
Reviewed 22 November 2013

For the amount of food you get, the price is unbelievable. Plenty of options and they are always wiling to cater to the needs of the customer as far as special orders go. Great vegetarian options to go with the typical dishes. Love this place I order frequently and as a college student it doesnt get much better

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I've had way better. I got the Sweet & Sour Shrimp...with the amount of fried breading surrounding the TINY shrimp you couldn't even taste the shrimp. Gross. Just seriously disgusting. And it was SO over-fried. Almost rock hard. I usually like fried food, but I threw most of this away after tasting the first one. The fried rice was average...not the worst or best I've ever had. The egg roll and hot and sour soup were the highlights...actually the soup was really good, one of the better hot and sour soups I've had...lots of tofu and veggies in relation to broth, and the serving size was very big. Unless I'm desperate, or am really craving hot and sour soup, I won't be back to this place again.

Also, this place is a dump. I almost broke an ankle walking in their parking lot because of how uneven it is. It's messy on the inside and I didn't stay long enough to check really well, but looked seriously unclean also.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My co-workers and I have ordered from this restaurant several times. Now, however, they have adopted the practice of adding a $2.00 delivery fee on EVERY individual order. We had 11 people place an order to be delivered to the same place....called in as one order, but 2 of the eleven had to use a credit/debit card and the rest of us paid cash. The management stated because they have to pay 70 cents on eery debit transaction they charge a $2.00 delivery fee.....WHAT? Of course, we did not know that until the driver arrived with our food. So, the owner pocketed an extra $22.00 while the driver forfeited his tip. So, a $6.95 combo meal will end up costing you about $ when you add delivery charge AND tip 10.00

Our business has over 2000 employees and many units have ordered from them because they deliver until 2 am BUT we will no longer be doing business with them. We intend to go back to ordering from Rice Kitchen! Excellent food and they know how to treat a customer base.

Also, note that if you plan to eat there, the restaurant is kind of dumpy:>(

Also, the owners of this restaurant just opened a new restaurant called Bhuddas Belly so beware there as well!!

2  Thank lovievl