“Excellent food. ”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Rustica has excellent food and service. The only complaint that I have is the seating. There is a bench along one wall that has several tables lined up against it. I personally do not like this type of seating because you lack privacy. You feel like you are having dinner with the table next to you and can hear their entire conversation. This is not a place I would take small children.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Rustica is definitely my favorite restaurant for fine dining in Kalamazoo. Although we have eaten in this small, chic downtown spot a few times, until last week's visit, we had not been in a couple of years. Everything was every bit as good as I remember--friendly, attentive service, beautifully prepared and plated food, good wines by the glass.

Just as I had the first time we dined here, I ordered mushroom farrotto. Although the mushrooms were not wild or exotic, this is an excellent version: farro is well-suited to any mushrooms, and this was cooked perfectly (al dente but creamy) and loaded with creminis. The grilled romaine salad I had as a starter was a riff on Caesar, with bits of local cheese and white anchovies. The house salad is also lovely: beautiful local greens, garnished by a chevre crouton. My dining companions also enjoyed a gorgeous heirloom tomato salad, chilled corn bisque, mussels cooked in white wine, tender gnocchi, and pappardelle in a cheese sauce. One person at the table had dessert, a delectable blueberry tart. I had a taste of everything but the pappardelle and had to concur that Rustica is still at the top of its game.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Small and intimate space. Very attentive service, fantastic cuisine. Fresh and local products. Love everything about this place!

1  Thank tara178
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We were six for dinner; prompt service, amazing wine list and menu items; cool ambiance, not too noisy, great value even though it's not inexpensive. Nicely sized portions. We had a pasta dish, hangar steak, and chicken; all meals were gorgeous on the plate, and in our mouths!! We liked sitting in front by the window; a little quieter, and fun to see people going by on the street. Parking down the street was easy; no need to go in a garage and pay. Having been to a few other restaurants in KZoo, I think this is the top one. For me anyway!

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We went for a business dinner with a group of 25. Everyone "ooh'd" and "aah'd" over the wine list, of which the experts in our group said it was an amazing value! All of the appetizers were delicious, as was my main course, the hanger steak. The service was incredible and our food came out very quickly. I'm hope to have more business in Kalamazoo so I can go back!!!