All reviews check in was quick mom and pop an enjoyable stay pleasant surprise oatmeal hot water refrigerator and microwave continental breakfast shower wifi motel beds
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Our room was comfortable and very clean. There was a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. Owner has been fixing up the place for a couple of years, and it shows great improvement. It had flat screen TV and free WiFi. Continental Breakfast was available in the office area each morning. No in-room coffee pots, but only a few steps to the office to get it in the morning. Very friendly owner.

Room Tip: All rooms are on one level and equally accessible. Did not see any BAD rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kittypaus
BJB7867, Manager at Budget Host Inn Iron Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us. As you kindly mentioned, we are trying to improve our rooms as and when finances permit. We want to keep on providing you with same clean and a comfortable room for all your future stays. Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

I was recently in the Upper Peninsula for 5 days. I was on a budget, so I stayed at this motel the first night. My room was clean, the owners were very friendly, and the room had everything I needed (refrigerator/microwave/etc). There's also a bowling alley within walking distance of the motel. I ended up coming back a 2nd time on my way back down to Lapeer. I'll come back here a 3rd time if I find myself in Iron Mountain again. I would definitely recommend this motel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Tim S
Reviewed 22 August 2016

The owner brought out his own toaster for us to use for warming our own breakfast breads. Very helpful in directing us in our cemetery search for relatives' graves. I called about an item I thought I had left behind and the owners rechecked the room for it and gave me a follow up call to report the results. They went beyond normal customer service and we were so pleased with our stay there. Beds and pillows were comfortable and the fridge was nice to have as well.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank miltem2016
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Stayed for 1 night. Exactly what you expect for a budget motel. Decor a bit shabby and dated. However beds were clean, good soundproofing (hotel right on the road) but rooms quite quiet. Fridge was a plus and air conditioning worked well. More than adequate for a short stay when in Iron Mountain. Owner pleasant.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 22 July 2016

The room was better than I expected for the price. Flat screen TV with cable, mini fridge, and microwave!! Large clean room. The ceiling tiles need replaced and the rooms are dated, but I expected that for the price. The wifi is not the fastest but it works. The breakfast is in the office and consist of coffee, packs of oatmeal, small muffins and sweet rolls, and plate’s, bowls and utensils. There is no seating for breakfast, you just take it back to your room. Overall great experience, and I will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo