All reviewsva hospitalone nightpleasant stayright next dooriron mountain areastaff was very friendlywafflesconniesaunacleanlinesssupper
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I stay here all time when I am visiting from CA. CONNIE the Manager is the very best! She is a sweet lady who really cares! Also special thanks to MIRANDA for helping me.

The hotel is clean and offers a quality breakfast.

David Wasserman

Room Tip: Quality rooms at affordable prices
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
connie g, General Manager at Mountain Host Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

David....thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to seeing you and your wife during your stay....Im so happy your flight from California was safe, and thank you for allowing us to provide you with your hotel stay here at the Mountain Host!!!!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is a smaller hotel but was really quite nice. The parking was easy, the staff was very friendly, and the rooms were comfortable. The continental breakfast was plentiful and the sauna was perfect. I would return here at a moments notice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
connie g, General Manager at Mountain Host Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Jake,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it. We strive to make all of our guests stays as comfortable as possible. We looking forward to helping you with your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Short notice trip planned to go skiing at Norway Mountain Ski Area and needed a room for Saturday night. Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to give Mountain Host a try. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel this is not it, but they offer 5 star friendly service and cleanliness. It is not a huge franchise hotel, but privately owned. The Inn is older, appealing and appears to be well maintained. The entrance was clean and the front desk clerk upon arrival was friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean (priority 1), simply decorated, cozy, comfortable, quite and very affordable. Those qualities are more important to me than being able to say "I stayed at a 5 star property". There is not much for breakfast, coffee and donuts, but we are OK with that. I would rather bring my own breakfast items and pay a reasonable room rate than pay an outrageous room rate for a mediocre hotel with a "Free continental breakfast". If/when we get back there we will definitely stay there again. Just a note, the Inn is for sale. It's a great area. Lots of outdoor activities throughout the whole year that draws people to the area. If I were younger I would definitely be tempted to give the hospitality industry a try.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
connie g, Manager at Mountain Host Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are happy you found your stay clean and comfortable. We strive to make each of our guests stays as best as possible. We look forward to helping you with your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a clean cheap hotel for a single night stay and this hotel delivered. Room was clean, good location and easy to find. Staff was very friendly.

The site has nice exercise room with Sauna and room had a mini fridge and old microwave (no extra charge).

Cons:
Continental Breakfast was bread, cake donuts, corn flakes, frosted wheats, coffee, milk, & OJ. No fruit, bagels, hot cereal, waffles, or hot tea.

Would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
connie g, Manager at Mountain Host Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it. We are happy you found your stay clean and comfortable. We hope to help you with your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

This is definitely a budget hotel which we stopped at on our way to Appleton, WI. It was pretty spare, but with an incredible price of $65. I think Veterans pay $45. The best part though, was learning about the service this motel provides to our Veterans receiving services at the VA hospital in Iron Mountain. Limited breakfast but lots of camaraderie among the guests in the eating area.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
connie g, Manager at Mountain Host Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it. We love and respect our Veterans. We have quite a revolving door with many of them. We strive to take the best care of all of our patrons and guests. We hope to help you with your future lodging needs.