Econo Lodge(Traverse City)
US$122
Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$188
Fairfield Inn
Courtyard Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$354
US$338
US$199
US$190
Great Wolf Lodge(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$266
Hotel Indigo Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$383
US$318
  • Restaurant
Park Place Hotel(Traverse City)
US$258
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$311/night.

Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$264
Grand Traverse Motel(Traverse City)
US$178
US$170
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2016

My husband and I wanted to find a place in northern Michigan for a weekend trip to enjoy the Fall colors and the natural beauty of the area. We chose Interlochen Mainly because of its location and because of its price. We read the reviews and decided we knew what we were getting into and decided to book it.

Upon our arrival we met the front desk gal Theresa. She was friendly and very knowledgeable about the area in regards to where to eat, what routes to take and places that should be on the "can't miss" list. We stayed in room 4 which upon entering was super tidy and super small. You don't have much room other than to walk to the tiny bathroom. See pics that I've uploaded... There's a desk with a chair and a dresser that also acts as the TV stand with the mini fridge and microwave stacked in between. It was okay for the two of us, but just okay. I brought my own pillow, but my husband said the pillows were fine... nothing too terrible and not too fancy. He wasn't comfortable with the mattress at all. It gave him a backache after the first night and again the second night. I managed okay the first night, but it did bother my back as well after the second night. As far as the toiletries they offer... don't expect much. The soap is the size of a silver dollar and that's it. No shampoo or anything else. Single ply toilet paper is what's on the roll that was located behind the door. Towels could be improved upon...pretty thin. Water pressure was okay in the early evening times, but seemed to be a trickle according to my husband and another guest in the mornings.

We managed fine overall and decided to buy our coffee from the corner gas station as we didn't want to wait for the office to open for the complimentary coffee. Most likely, we wouldn't stay here again for longer than a night or two. The best things about this hotel is that's its clean (very 1950's as others have stated) and its location is central. Theresa was great too. I enjoyed talking to her about the area.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I chose this motel because it was close to a wedding venue I was attending. The room is definitely dated but clean. That's the only good thing. We were never able to connect to the internet using their wifi password, the soap was the size of a silver dollar, you could hear the noise from the neighboring room, the sheets (though clean) were stiff & scratchy, and the shower temperature could not be regulated. You were surprised by either scalding hot water while showering or it would turn ice cold. The scalding water was dangerous, the cold water a terrible inconvenience! I would prefer to drive farther to my venue and stay in a hotel where everything works. At the price we paid for this room it is a huge rip off. I am going to try to cancel tonight and go somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I had a very early flight out of Traverse City in the morning so my friend and I drove up from Ludington and stayed here for the night. We arrived before check-in and were very pleased that the very nice women let us into the room to unload our suitcases. What an adorable little place! We enjoyed our stay very much and the airport was only 20 minutes away. I will definitely come back next time I'm in town. :)

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank sdun05
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We are locals, but like to "get away." We always choose the Interlochen Motel because of the great customer service, cleanliness, price, and location. The manager, Therese, is very hospitable. We usually ask for extra pillows and towels. If Therese knows we are coming ahead of time, she has them in the room waiting for us when we arrive.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice, as we have stayed in quite a few of them.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank amtootsie
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We stayed here for one night after a concert at Interlochen Center for the Arts, just down the road. The lady that checked us in was very nice. There is definitely a 50's vibe and look. They have muffins and coffee in the office in the mornings. There is no coffee maker in the rooms and very few electrical plugs. Luckily, we had an extension cord.The pillows need to be updated. Ours felt like you were sleeping on a folded up towel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mountainerlover10
interlochenmotel, Owner at Interlochen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Thank you for visiting our motel and taking the time to give us some feedback, we are just down the road from The Interlochen Center for the Arts and we are blessed to accommodate so many concert goers, like yourself and parents of campers and students that attend the beautiful and amazing campus. Our motel was built in 1956 so we do have a 50's vibe and look however we are very proud of all our updates in our 11 years of ownership. We do offer coffee and muffins in our office in the morning, we have talked about coffee makers in each of the rooms however the request for microwaves and refrigerators from our guests took precedence. The pillows are being replaced as we speak in all the rooms, thank you for bringing that to our attention. Thanks again and hopefully when you visit Northern Michigan again, seeing a concert or just taking in the beauty that surrounds us, you will think of The Interlochen Motel.