Review Highlights
Wonderful

went to mass in their chapel which overlooks the cross. afterwards we visited the gift shop. We... read more

Reviewed 10 October 2018
Kathy Y
Hastings, Michigan
serene

This quiet, serene, holy place is an excellent escape for the weary traveler. You can spend as... read more

Reviewed 8 October 2018
Jim L
Midland, Michigan

All reviews doll museum peaceful place gift shop grounds are beautiful awe inspiring northern michigan holy family worth a stop outdoor seating attend mass religious articles plan on spending nice stop parking lot mackinac island burt lake crucifix
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed taking my family here to see the awesome sight of Christ crucified. We walked the grounds including the stations of the cross.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 12 September 2018

The Cross in the Woods is a must-see for anyone visiting Northern Michigan. The grounds are beautiful, the Cross majestic. There are quiet walkways to explore, but you always come back to the Cross. Next time we visit, we will plan our schedule so that we can attend Sunday Mass outside.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Went to mass on Sunday and sat in the right place to look out the window at the cross. What site of our Lord who died for us. A very nice place to walk the grounds in a peaceful environment.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I am a little prejudice about this site as I was raised catholic. The grounds are spectacular and very spiritual feeling. It is a leisurely stroll through woodsy gardens. I love the quaint resting places and the statuary. Saint Kateri Tekakwitha is my favorite place to reflect on life. The large crucifix is overwhelming. The nun doll museum is informative. The dolls are dressed in the different habits of their particular order. Gift shop on grounds for hard to find cards and gifts for sacraments. Very welcoming place.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Our family visited, we all enjoyed the experience. I would visti again and share my experence with my famil, to encourage them to visit.