“Beautiful setting ”

Cross In The Woods National Shrine
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I am a little prejudice about this site as I was raised catholic. The grounds are spectacular and very spiritual feeling. It is a leisurely stroll through woodsy gardens. I love the quaint resting places and the statuary. Saint Kateri Tekakwitha is my favorite place to reflect on life. The large crucifix is overwhelming. The nun doll museum is informative. The dolls are dressed in the different habits of their particular order. Gift shop on grounds for hard to find cards and gifts for sacraments. Very welcoming place.

All reviews
"religious articles"
"one's eyes"
"humbling experience"

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Our family visited, we all enjoyed the experience. I would visti again and share my experence with my famil, to encourage them to visit.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We saw signs and checked TripAdvisor and decided to check it out. We enjoyed it and spent about an hour looking at the grounds, church, doll museum and gift shop. There is no fee to walk around.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I'm kind of an agnostic but I'm glad we stopped here on our way to Mackinaw. The place is serine and it was a nice experience to appreciate the spirituality of others. We stopped after 5 pm, so the museum and gift shop were closed. I don't know if that made it quieter, but the quiet was nice.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2018

You WILL feel something when viewing this crucifix! I walked away literally feeling holy.
You have a serene feeling come over your whole body. You want to be in the presence of this crucifix and really do not want to leave. It also has a Stations of the Cross walkway. This cross has stood there since August, 1959. The height is 55ft. and weighs 14 ton. It is just incredible.