Days Inn by Wyndham Alpena(Alpena)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
Best Western Of Alpena(Alpena)(Great Value!)
US$88
BestWestern.com
US$153
US$98
US$80
Thunder Bay Resort(Hillman)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$161
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$121
Hotels.com
All reviewsbreakfast basketwatching the boatsbeautiful lakecomfortable bedvisiting familymichiganhostsguests
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

This 1920's Inn has all of the amenities of a modern resort. It is tucked away on a peninsula on beautiful Hubbard Lake. The rooms are elegant and comfy with all of the necessary conveniences. The resort has a well stocked bar and a world class dining room overlooking the lake, with excellent menu choices. Happy Hour is home to many of the most friendly locals and seasonal visitors, easily accessible by boat. The grounds are meticulously tended to and reflect the natural beauty of the north. This is a family run resort with the most congenial hosts! We had a wonderfully pleasant stay and a fabulous dinner. I would give it 10 stars!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank retired04Michigan
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

This place is like staying at your own home. I stayed with them for over 2 months. From the greeting you get from Ashley to Andy's meals was wonderful. I was brought ice up for my great Michigan wines by Sharon with a very clean room. With on of the best views in Michigan from my window. And Don keeps the place top notch the grounds are gorgeous. I we'll definitely be back to my other home!!!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

Ashley... Meet her and you know all you need to know about Churchill Pointe Inn. She is gracious, energetic, warm, welcoming, efficient everything you could possible want in a hostess. I wish every customer service contact I met could be an Ashley! She made us feel like royalty and I hear Don the owner is every bit as friendly and gracious. This is a beautiful facility located literally steps from one of Michigan's less crowded jewels, Hubbard Lake. It's a 1920's era Inn that is meticulously maintained. The rooms have a Pure Michigan up north flavor with upgrades where you need them most such as the beds are premium quality for that great nights sleep. The lakeside rooms give you a view that will keep you up all night refusing to look away! Every staff member bent over backwards to please us and made us feel like family. The restaurant is more like fine dining and the food is exquisite but priced accordingly though really not bad for what you get. It pains me to say anything negative about this lovely Inn run by such wonderful people so I list a few things and you can judge wether or not they matter. This is a 20's era facility so there is no sprinkler system or even smoke detectors for that matter in any rooms that I saw. There are a significant number of steps to negotiate since all rooms are upstairs and on some stairways the handrail is at an awkward height. Call them concerns or part of the charm, they are what they are. By any means I highly recommend you seek out and enjoy this wonderful Inn.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank F32boater55
Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

we arrived late, keys were waiting for us, room was prepared for us. So nice to be able to go straight to the room on a cold rainy night. Breakfast was excellent. We were treated like we were the only people there...but we were not obviously. Everyone at the inn is so friendly and concerned with our comfort. I felt like we were visiting family rather than staying in a motel (Inn). We will definitely be returning!
Ken

• Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank Kristy O
Reviewed 5 October 2014

Ashley met us at the reception desk and walked us to our room. On the way we met the owner Don who was putting the finishing touches on cleaning the room across the hall. Don made sure we knew how to operate the cable TV since past guests sometimes had a problem with it. The Inn is on Hubbard Lake, a few miles off the main road-DEFINITELY WORTH THE TRIP.
The inn (I believe) dates back to the 30's, but has been beautifully updated. Nothing fancy, but very nice. The food in the Restaurant was over the top good. We had a salad and spit the whitefish dinner to leave room for dessert-every item was very good on my tough rating scale. The night we had dinner, the place was packed with locals (a good sign), but the wait staff was still very attentive and everything came in a timely manner. Pay these nice folks a visit and you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple