“Stayed overnight for family funeral.”
Review of Tour-In Motel

Tour-In Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Howard City
Tour-In Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Howard City
Reviewed 6 April 2017

The room is very cramped but everything you need is there. Bed, mini fridge and microwave. The counter space is very limited but will work for most things. The room was clean and neat. The Wi-Fi didn't work reliably and the owner did not know where to go to eat in the area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Only motel near friends that we were visiting. VERY cramped, Freezing when we checked in and we could not find a thermostat so I went back to the office, The woman said that she forgot to turn the heat on and went into another room. Came out and said it should be fine now. When we came back four hours later, it was still rather cold. Found an extra blanket on a shelf. had ripped binding hanging off. I stopped by this morning to return my key and told the clerk that I thought we had paid extra for a deluxe room. ($8) She said THAT WAS THE DELUXE ROOM!!! I told her it needed to be aired out and she replied that all the rooms smelled like that...it was an old building. The drapes for the one and only window had holes in them. Moths?

Room Tip: Ha Ha Ha Don't think it matters
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

We were in the area for a wedding, and the choices were "limited". While most of the guests chose to drive the 45 minutes to Grand Rapids and pay 3X the price at a chain hotel, we chose the Tour-In. What a fantastic decision!! Yes, the room was small. Yes, the furnishings were similar to staying at Grandma's house (pretty sure the curtains are older than me). But the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot, the room was clean, and the service was excellent. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. They even let us have a bonfire out back after the wedding reception! Do not hesitate to stay here - take yourself on a time warp and have fun with your stay!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julieannd6
Reviewed 14 September 2015

My wife and I had a very short stay in Howard City. We were very pleased with the service and room. All of the positive reviews listed about the Tour-In Motel are accurate. If you need a comfortable room, with pleasant service at an affordable price here's the place for you. Mini-frig, microwave, Wi-Fi, AC and cable. The room was adequate for two but probably not a family(note: I didn't see any other rooms to compare) We were late arriving and the manager went out of her way to help us. Thanks Laurie. We'd stay there again. (Tripadivisor asks whether the motel was romantic. I guess most reviews might say No it is not Romantic, but when my wife and I travel we always stay in a romantic motel.)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

After reading the first few reviews, I decided to give the Tour Inn a try. I wish I hadn't. The rooms need to be remodeled. Everything is old. Even though the room appeared to be clean, it felt as if it wasn't. I could tell that there was plastic over the mattress, which was a first for me at any motel! There was no charm at the Tour Inn; it was just old and drab. I won't be back.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sc5351

Been to Tour-In Motel? Share your experiences!