“Never Again”

Ranked #7 of 241 Restaurants in Holland
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We were looking for a place to have lunch and stopped at New Holland since it looked like a good choice. Bottom line is we walked out and let me tell you why.

It was the middle of the afternoon in May and the area and restaurant was not crowded. We walked in and sat at a high top table in the bar area and were quickly asked if we had seen the hostess. We told them no, that we had just come in sat down. We were told we were not able to sit at that table without first seeing the hostess. We went to see the hostess and told her about the situation and she told us were were not permitted to sit at a high table if we were going to eat and would need to move into the dining room area. What?? The high top tables were in the same area as regular tables and people in the same area eating, but apparently it was because we chose a high top table that was the issue. We ended up walking out and went down the street to HOPS 84 and had a lovely time. NEVER AGAIN at New Holland!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

It was a business lunch. Not all menu options were available but there still was a good variety to choose from. The wait staff was fine. The food was good. The value was adequate. I expected exceptional. I received good. I would go again if I needed to do lunch in Holland but I would not make a special trip.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I went here for lunch while on a business trip. The service was fast and friendly. I ordered the Greek pizza. This was a little messy but absolutely delicious. I would definitely go back. I think a dinner visit would be great as they had a large selection of beer on tap including some very interesting locals.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Very trendy menu. (College town)..looked yummy. Beer was great. Big place with plenty of seating! Worth the visit!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Must have if you enjoy dark beer is the Dairy Queen and Dragons milk! Have to take some home. Pepperoni pinwheels where to die for!