On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #56 of 269 Restaurants in Holland
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Pretty much a generic Mexican restaurant, nothing jumped out at me. Not bad either. Service was a little slow for being one of only 3 tables. Wife liked it for what that's worth

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

There were people flowing out the door waiting to get a seat, I asked how long is the wait and she said, “25-30minutes” and she was right. We were in and seated in less than 30minutes. The food was great, my wife and I shared the Ultimate Fajita which was more than enough for the two of us. The service was good and the Margaritas were great. You can add a shot of tequila for about two bucks, even Anejo.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We enjoyed a late lunch when the crowds were down. Service was fantastic, our server was quite attentive! I ordered the chicken tortilla soup as part of my meal and was rather surprised at some of the ingredients, namely the zuccini. It wasn't my favorite, but the rest of my meal was good. And their salsa is great!!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 18 October 2017

My husband and I stopped here to eat for lunch on the way up the west coast of Michigan.
The food was good and the place was clean.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We try to eat after rush and while today there were plenty of employees the service was SO slow. Took 45 minutes to get carnitas fajitas and there were only 6 other tables that had guests. Server told us in mornings there is only 1 kitchen person. Well, this was at 2:00 LOL! And, the waitstaff didn’t have a problem throwing chips at one another while waiting for food. Yes, our server included. The fajitas were really good thankfully. Service not so good.

Date of visit: October 2017