“Probably the best restaurant in Michigan”
Review of Mabel Gray

Mabel Gray
Reserve with OpenTable
Mabel Gray is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Hazel Park
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Inventive, delicious food. Friendly, well-informed service. Expensive, yet extremely well-curated wine list. Delicious, creative cocktails. What else can I say?

Mabel Gray is the best restaurant in Michigan. If it's your first visit, do the tasting menu. It might seem expensive if you're not used to tasting menus, but eight courses of this quality for $65 is unbelievable and would easily cost $200+ in NYC or Chicago. Wine pairing also recommended.

I prefer to create my own meal from the a la carte menu, and am never disappointed. Be sure to always order octopus, any type of bun or sandwich, oysters, fried chicken anything, and/or pasta. The veggies are always super fresh and local. If they have a guest chef or are doing a special menu/event, do not hesitate to make reservations.

Just go.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Their tasting menu ($65) is divine. Can order off regular menu too. Highly recommend reservations ahead of time, as only seats 22. Sitting by the bar is best in my opinion to see everything going on. They sometimes do $10 for burger and beer nites, those are good too! They also have special themed dinner nites - check their facebook page and schedule.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Outstanding tasting menu during Vegan month. The chefs were accommodating to my food allergies and made every effort to make sure I was able to enjoy most of what they offered with modifications. Service was great. Truly a wonderful experience. My non-vegan friends enjoyed the meal as well, even though it contained their least favorite vegetables. Would recommend if you enjoy trying something new and delicious.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I've read about the food at Mabel Gray, but have never read about the service. The employees at the restaurant are so in tune with their customers they orchestrate through your courses like a symphony. At a recent vegan dinner, our server noticed one of the guests at our table hadn't eaten their entire plate. When she stated it was too spicy he informed the kitchen and they lightened up on the spice, just for her plate, for each course for the remainder of the meal. Incredible!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner and loved it. I’m so excited to see this type of restaurant in Detroit! The tasting menu is definitely the way to go for first timers although I wanted to order everything on the (hand written) menu. All of the dishes were inspired by the ingredients. We also did the wine pairing which was nice but not necessary. Can’t wait to go back.

Date of visit: June 2018