“Consistently Good Food; Service Speed Slow”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 92 Restaurants in Grandville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in Grandville, MI is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have been here quite a few times over the years and consistently decent food is the primarily reason. For a chain, Friday's changes their menu quite often so there is always something new to try, which is nice, and quite honestly, have never left disappointed because of that reason. Had dinner for two this time around and both of us chose surf and turf - a 6 oz steak and a fillet of salmon and potatoes and broccoli as sides. Everything was cooked perfectly, was tasty, served at the right temperature and the suggested wine was a perfect pairing.

As to my aforementioned service-speed-slowness in the title, whether busy or not (as was this trip) it always seems like the wait for food is noticeably slower than at other eating establishments. It's never terrible, but still certainly noticeable. The wait staff is always friendly, knowledgeable and apologetic for the wait, so the delay is not on their end.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

TGI Friday's has been a favorite of mine for close to 30 years. Love the variety of the menu and typically everything tastes good. Within the last several months, this particular location is losing it's appeal.
Both times (December and January) we had a wait, which honestly we expected on a Friday both times and near dinner hour. Once we were seated, our drink orders were taken. Drinks arrived....drinks refilled before we had a server take our order. Just minutes of being an hour of waiting, our order begin coming out...separately. Our party of five, three had cold food. I ordered a Veggie Burger that was COLD in the center. I sent it back and do not understand how it came back a second time COLD again. Everyone's french fries were luke-warm. Such a bummer! What use to be a fun place for a great meal has declined to bad service with so-so food.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We waited 50 minutes for our food when the restaurant wasn't busy. They were out of one of the beverages we wanted. Another beverage was mostly ice, and cost $8.00. They never brought the appetizer we ordered. Two of the dinners were good. The other dinner was terrible. Very disappointed. Disappointed. Not worth the money. Many better restaurants nearby with excellent food.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

55 minuet wait for a table for 4 to sit in a dirty section with four empty tables around us. Only one Founders on tap, 3 hostesses who could have been sweeping up the floor but instead standing around and constantly looking through the glass window is a bit annoying. Took 30 minuets once we placed our order. Only had two place settings had to grab a set of silverware from the empty table across from us. The food was okay my fries were over fried and hard while my sons where slightly under cooked. Although my ribs were delicious, doesn’t make up for what the rest of this experience was lacking. The portions were all over the place my sons kids menu fries had more than my entree. Now I remember why we haven’t been here in years, it’s slow probably because they are understaffed (except in the hostess position) and overpriced for proportion size. Also no malt vinegar what the heck?

Reviewed 15 January 2018

As we don't live near a TGI Fridays we only go once or twice a year, and the last two times have been disappointing. Before eating at this TGI Fridays, the other one was in Cocoa Beach, Florida and since we were there the restaurant has been permanently closed and I'm not at all surprised. If this one keeps disappointing customers I wouldn't be surprised if it closed as well. I see many poor reviews here on Trip Advisor for this restaurant.

We were seated fairly promptly and as we were there around 3:00 in the afternoon it wasn't very busy at all. Our server was Ryleigh. I ordered a Barbados Punch and my husband ordered an Irish Mule. Our server had to make them herself, which I think is absolutely ridiculous. We were seated in a booth directly across from the bar. The bartenders were not busy AT ALL. Why could THEY not make drinks for the servers? We had to wait extra time to put in our orders for food, as she was busy making our drinks, and drinks for her other customers. Servers should not be required to make the drinks, that's what the bartenders are supposed to be for.

My husband ordered a half rack of Jack Daniels ribs and I ordered a ONE PIECE Jack Daniels chicken. The menu said it was a 2-piece but as I knew I couldn't eat two and we were staying in a hotel so I couldn't take my leftovers with me I asked her if I could just get a one-piece dinner? She replied with "why would you want to?" So I had to explain why. She said okay. As I had gotten this same meal at the last TGI Fridays we were at and had NO PROBLEM getting the one-piece dinner at a reduced rate, I just assumed it would be the same here.

The food was good, love, love, LOVE their Jack Daniels sauce. And I asked for extra sauce on the side with my meal and my request was granted. No problems with the taste of the food. But. When we received the bill I noticed there was no price reduction for getting the 1-piece dinner instead of 2-piece. I asked our server about it and she said she would ask the manager, and said "after all, the customer is always right." I thought that was a little sarcastic and uncalled for, but I did tell her it was my mistake not to ASK up front if there would be a price reduction, but that she also should have told me there wouldn't be one if I only got the 1-piece dinner. So I felt it was both our faults.

The manager said no price reduction, which surprised me and I didn't think was right but I couldn't argue about it. I would just ASK up front next time! But, Ryleigh paid $5 out of her own pocket to try and make it right with us. I certainly didn't expect her to do that, so made up for it in her tip.

But because of the slowness in service because the server had to make the alcoholic drinks herself, and the unwillingness to give a price reduction on the manager's part we won't be back to this particular restaurant.