All reviews van andel arena great location bistro restaurant valet parking within walking distance directly across the street self park per day restaurants and bars jw marriott valet service front desk staff art prize enjoyed my stay nice room hot tub up to date
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I have only great things to say about this property. The staff was very courteous and thorough with our cleaning. Quiet room on 3rd floor. We did not visit the bar on sight. I would definitely stay here again. Within walking distance to several eateries. We did not have a room with a view however the river is just behind hotel. Our refrigerator was on the small side and no microwave in room.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I love this place. Front desk staff is super nice and the restaurant/bar servers are friendly and welcoming, happy to direct you to explore the town and it’s history as they are to make you a great sandwich! Rooms are clean and well stocked, and even with a super early flight they will make sure there is coffee ready for your departure. Highly recommend as a seasoned traveler.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night for a wedding. Had 2 rooms which were good sized and clean. Staff at the front desk were great especially Paige. Valet parking was very convenient. Close to plenty of restaurants and bars. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Meg S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Tom G,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are delighted to hear you would stay here again. I will be sure to pass you compliments on to our desk staff and Paige. We are very lucky to have her as a part of our team.

Thank you again for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

We had areally loud group partying next door so we called the front desk shortly before 10pm. They informed us it wasn’t quiet time till 11pm. (Tell that to my infant & 2 yr old!!!) The hotel did send security to ask them to be quiet, but shortly thereafter the wall banging began & the voices increased as did the vulgarities...LESSON LEARNED!

Definitely stay here if you want to enjoy your nightlife but not if you are here on business or with your kids.

The housekeeping staff is superb!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the reserved blocks of rooms
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Meg S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you ShellBoss for taking the time to write us a review.

I apologize for the noise issue you and your family experienced during your stay. I will be sure to bring this up as a teachable moment for our staff.

I am very glad to see our housekeeping staff to good care of you while you were our guest.

We greatly appreciate your business and choosing to stay with us here at the Courtyard!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Great hotel and very clean. The staff was very attentive to all your needs. I had an issue the first night with some noise and spoke to Alan the next morning and he moved my room and also comped two meals. I was pleased. In the middle of all that you need when visiting Grand Rapids.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Meg S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

RAB-218,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I apologize for the noise issue you encountered and am delighted to see that Alan was able to assist you. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cordially,