All reviewsfire pitbasketball courtdark roasthotel signstayed longercomplimentary waterluggage cartpaper platesmarriott propertiesexcellent propertystrip mallextra pillowsbooked this hotelliving areawafflesvery nice place to stayafter midnight
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Spent the week here and had a great stay. Staff was friendly and place was very clean. Room was maintained well also. The hotel is at a good location for restaurants and close proximity to the airport. Would recommend this hotel for long stays and I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Rachel K, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you for the five star review! We appreciate the kind words about the staff and the suite. Our maintenance team works hard to ensure everything is in tip top shape! Thank you again for the recommendation and we hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My sister and her daughter visit Grand Rapids annually to attend a month long camp and for the last two years they stayed at the Residence Inn. I have joined them for a week each year as well. I have been very impressed with the facilities, the congeniality of the staff and the accommodations made for dogs. The accessibility of the facility is good for my neice’s wheelchair, which allows for independence. The hotel is clean, well maintained, convenient to dining and shopping. It has a warm atmosphere that feels like home away from home for these extended stays. I highly recommend this facility.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the detailed review! Our staff strives to provide a home away from home experience, especially for our guests who are here for an extended period of time! We appreciate the recommendation and hope to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We normally love Residence Inn and Marriott properties in general, we travel alot and have been in our share of RIs. I want to stress this is a lovely property back off the road in a serene wooded area, nice park area, walking trails. Nice open leisure area with fire pit. The common area is well kept most of the time, but for goodness sake, does it need to be 68 degrees? Front desk staff is great, very friendly and welcoming. However the breakfast just doesn't cut it....I am not sure why they have decided to deviate from the normal RI model, but you will be sorely disappointed if you expect the usual. We only stayed 2 nights, but exact same food and what was offered....only a few bread types, no muffins. one flavor of yogurt. scrambled eggs (and not in a great way), pork and turkey sausage patties. The waffle mix is pre-poured and left out, people reaching over, not a great idea. No sauces, gravies, cheese, salsa, nothing. They did have hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and 3 cereals. The person who is managing the area needs to just stay there and clean after messy adults and children move through so other guests don't have to be disgusted and can enjoy their breakfast. The TV service, I believe it's direct was horrible. Both days it kept just going in and out, impossible to watch anything. They are pet friendly and there are stains and smells on the carpet and furniture, when you turn the temp up the smells become more apparent. The temp was extremely hard to regulate. The air blows right at the bed and table. If you turn it up one degree, the humidity and smells start. We kept going between 73 and 74. If they worked some key things, breakfast is a big deal, this would be a great property. It's close to the airport.

Room Tip: Pet Friendly floor and furniture has stains
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Rachel K, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your experience. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the experience you had at the property. The staff works incredibly hard to ensure our guests are well taken care of and that expectations are exceeded. Please know that I will be speaking with the appropriate departments to ensure that breakfast standards are addressed and properly implemented. All pet rooms on property are cleaned by an outside company to ensure that odor and allergens are thoroughly removed so I am surprised and disappointed to hear that this was not reflected in your suite. I will be following up with our company to ensure that the suites are being properly cleaned. Again, I appreciate the feedback and I hope that you allow us the opportunity to earn your business for future travels.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Stayed for the first time at this Residence Inn by Marriott and were very impressed with the customer service. Megan at the check in, other front desk staff, breakfast attendant... everyone we encountered was not just friendly, but also helpful, accommodating, professional and made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. We enjoyed our room, very comfortable bed and all the amenities. The indoor hot tub was in perfect order and was one of the best I ever had anywhere. Typical Residence Inn breakfast was well managed. Hotel does not face a busy street, so it's quiet. Based on this stay we would not hesitate to stay again and to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Rachel K, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for this five star review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was helpful. I will be sure to pass along this praise to the team in our morning huddle. We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to hosting you in the future!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel was great and is situated very closed to the other important centers in the city. The rooms are great and very comfortable, the hotel staff was really helpful and very polite.

I have stayed in Residence Inn’s in different cities and found the quality of breakfast not up to the mark. The options are very less if you don’t it meat or eggs. The choice of breads are very limited as compared to other places.

If the breakfast was good, I would have definitely given a rating if 5.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for providing this feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words about the guest room suites and the staff. We hope to host you next time you are in the area!