“Desert hit”
Review of Bistro Bella Vita

Bistro Bella Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Bella Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 996 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Weston and Market
Description: Modern French & Italian Cuisine Our specialty is Modern French & Italian Cuisine made from scratch with as many sustainably-sourced ingredients as possible. Enjoy homemade pasta, brick-oven pizzas, rotisserie-roasted meats or our famous paella, taste the difference of the highest-quality cuisine created with sustainably-sourced produce,experience fresh seafood shipped directly to our chefs, and delight in our exceptional, accommodating, professional service.
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I have been here a few times over the years, as I visit Grand Rapids twice a year on business. I must congratulate the pastry chef, as I had the flourless chocolate tart and ice cream which was fantastic!

I also had the Bolognese and there was so much sauce that it was overwhelming but in a "too much" way! More isn't always better!

My friends all enjoyed their meal and I have good memories from my past visits. So I will revisit and try something new next time!

2  Thank Aliceco1

Reviewed 23 May 2017

It is a place I go often when meeting someone for lunch downtown. They do give you a discount on parking and the food has always been excellent.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I ordered Rigatoni Bolognese. I assumed I would be served a salad or bread with my meal, but, literally five minutes after ordering, my plate was plunked down. The pasta was quite undercooked but the sauce was good. The entire meal was just...underdeveloped and served with absolutely no flair or pride of presentation.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Ownership has done a fantastic job with offering fine dining at affordable prices. A must stop if you're visiting downtown.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We ate here after a volleyball tournament with 16 people. They were extremely accommodating. For one, they took reservations (many restaurants couldn't or wouldn't) and when we had to push it back 15 minutes, they were very cool about it. The menu is a bit pricey, but we all agreed, it was worth it. Wait staff was excellent. We had a food allergy in our group, and the waiter made sure everything was "safe". I would definitely recommend stopping here for lunch or dinner!