All reviews walk in shower front desk room was clean next morning business trip breakfast buffet is up to date very nice hotel downtown area fitness center lobby toilet shuttle microwave tiles properties
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Stayed two nights for a nearby conference. Check in was easy, the room was clean and bright. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom could use a little upgrading.
They do have a bar in the lobby, which was nice.
No breakfast included in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Comfortable and well appointed room, very clean and inviting. The lounge allows for conversation and drinks to end your evening or have a great dinner. Must try the chips made in house fresh and hot. This will be my place for future trips.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Although the hotel's sleeping rooms are comfortable and up to date, the amenities are sorely lacking. The restaurant was closed for dinner, requiring eating in the bar area. Breakfast was even worse--no hostess, no waitress, and a scanty buffet that could use some personal attention. Too, there were no newspapers available, as I was told that "ownership" decided to end this amenity. Really? Even low-scale properties offer newspapers. As mentioned in other reviews, the staff were friendly--a definite plus. But with virtually no other dining options available in the vicinity, the lack of attention to the hotel's dining room options makes this a hotel you might want to avoid.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Hi jimatthebeach,

Greetings, we're glad to have hosted your stay! I'm pleased to see your stellar ratings for our rooms and kind remarks about our hospitable staff. These continue to inspire us to provide True Hospitality for everyone. On the other hand, I'm sorry our amenities fell short of your expectations. It's also sad that you were let down by our service level at the restaurant. We value your experience and have shared your assessment with the management to help spot areas that need additional attention.

Thanks for your candor in sharing your experience. I hope we get to welcome you back soon for you to see the improvements.

Safe travels,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Not a fair!!! After staying 5 nights in the Amway Grand Plaza and then having to move to the Holiday Inn I am going to try and be as fair as I can. The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Room was very spacious and clean. Loved the walk-in shower. The only reason for three out of five is the bed was not the best. Was very very firm made for a restless night. May be time to change that mattress. Other than the mattress issue would most likely stay there again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Tradhunter,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. It's great that most areas of your stay were positive. I am glad that you found the rooms clean and the hotel staff service friendly. I want all areas of your experience to be pleasant and I am sorry you found the bed very firm. Your comments have been shared with the hotel management as reference to ensure all guests receive a comfortable bed to sleep in. I know that measures taken will get you a restful sleep on your return.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Great experience, very conveniently located to airport. Room was A+, very clean, comfy/fluffy bed. Amazing shower (was basically more like shower room) Friendly & helpful front desk. They have shuttle from airport. Shuttle wasn’t available for me, so they paid my cab fare. Nice inside pool. Onsite restaurant (with bar type food. Nachos, Philly CS, etc) and bar open 4pm-11pm. Breakfast buffet offered in AM. Very good experience!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business