“Italian Wonder Down Under”
Review of Big O' Cafe

Big O' Cafe
Ranked #57 of 997 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I work downtown frequently on weekends and being that I was working on St. Patrick's Day I figured most restaurants would be crowded, so coworkers and I decided on Big O's because of its location. It's kind of a hidden gem due to it's unique entrance below street level.

Located on Ottawa Street, just west of Monroe adjacent to the Art Museum. I had the "Super Sub". A 10" monster loaded with toppings and pizza sauce toasted, a pickle garnish and chips. Others enjoyed salad, and pasta dishes.

The price range is $9-$18 range for most items. Our waitress was friendly, but not very attentive, and the bathrooms weren't the best, but adequate. Other than that I recommend this place. It's small so parties larger than 40 would be a challenge, and they don't have parking.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in before a show at Van andel arena. First visit, my wife and i had the cuban and also a turkey sub with two crafted beers. Sandwiches and service were excellent! Very clean facility and very kind staff. We will try the pizza next visit! Cheers!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We stumbled on this place while walking through downtown. It was the view through the window that drew us in. The atmosphere reminded me of a New York style pizzeria. My wife and I ordered a 12" Italian Gorgonzola pizza to share and both thoroughly enjoyed it! The service was a bit lacking with not much follow up after we ordered. We waited quite a while with empty glasses before our drinks were refilled. All things considered, both of us agree that we would like to try this place again - the decor, atmosphere and food were that good!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

we have went there several times and had great food and great service! The pizza is great and so are the pasta dishes.
I think its one of GR's best kept secrets. The prices are decent.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after a show to get a snack/late dinner. The waitresses were all super friendly. We sat at the bar as we were getting take out, we were helped very quickly, and acknowledged throughout our 15-20 minute wait for our food. The pizza was delicious we got a deluxe with jalapeños. The cheesy garlic bread was ok, personal preference a little too greasy. And the cheese cake slice we got we really good. Definitely wouldn’t mind trying something else on their menu!