“Not impressed ”

Red Roof Inn Grand Rapids
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

So the rooms were clean the water never got warm what i personally thought no matter what but everybody likes a hot shower after driving of course it depends on the guest the breakfast could be more variety.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2017

But the staff were kind and considerate. The hotel was just horrible. There were cigarette holes in the bed spreads. There was dirt and refuse on the floor in the bathroom. We literally stayed only because I had paid in advance and there were no other hotels in the area with openings. The toilet only flushed partially, you had to flush it 2 or 3 times to get it to really flush. It was better than having to sleep in the van but only because there was a toilet and a sink and a small fridge. My son complained of bug bites.

Room Tip: Smell them all first to choose your room and flush the toilet 3 times.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Staying here felt like we were on the set of the TV show "My name is Earl." There were people just hanging out on the balconies day and night. Other than that, the desk clerks were attentive, the rooms were adequate for our needs.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Room 227:

Pros: The room was clean and relatively modern. No cigarette burns on the linens, and all of the towels and wash cloths were in good shape. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were still good. The floor is mostly laminate, and that was great because we all know how gross carpet can be. The fridge was in good shape, all of the light fixtures worked, and the air unit worked great too.

Cons: The internet wasn't good at all. The signal was pretty weak and while trying to work, I got kicked off every few minutes. It took me over an hour to do something that would typically take just a few minutes. Also, the toilet needs to be fixed, it barely flushes.

All in all, it was a clean and comfortable room for a fair price. I'd stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Thankfully we only stayed one night. I thought this place would be better than Motel 6 which is down the road because the pictures on the website made it seem nicer than the Motel 6, and it was twice the price so I thought it would be better. Boy, was I wrong. The front desk people were friendly, but the room was terrible and the parking was sketchy. We walked into our room and the first thing I noticed were about 6 flies that were flying around the room, then the smell of old smoke, carpets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in several weeks, maybe months, the bathroom wall looked like someone had puked at some point in time and it was never cleaned, and the slot where the Kleenex box was, there was something in there and I couldn't tell you what it was. I kept imagining it was a tarantula. I was to scared to see what it was that I touched. I, of course, immediately washed my hands. Then, at 4am, I was woken up by the banging of the headboard next door. Thank God my kid was sound asleep I wouldn't have wanted her to hear that. I could only assume it was a prostitute because as soon as they were done, I heard the door open and someone taking off in a car. This was what set me off and practically brought me to tears. This is the worst place in my 45 years of life, have stayed at. If you don't care about cleanliness, or insects in your room, then this is the place to stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family