Quality Inn
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Ridge(Gaylord)
View Hotel
All reviewssmall pillowsyoung womanhave stayed here several timesclean towelscleanest hotelhouse keepingreception deskreasonable ratesmackinac islandnew carpetingonce a yearfloor roomfresh fruitindoor poolbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2017

This is an older facility but it more than adequate for the price. I would not call it a resort but the people are very nice, the rooms clean and the breakfast is great. It is located near eateries, freeway entrance and basic shopping.

Room Tip: We found it to be very quiet. We occupied Room 155.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and would love to have you back again. We work very hard everyday to make each guest stay the best we can. I hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you again!
-Dawn Bindschatel

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I'm sure in the 60's this would have been a good hotel but in today's day and age it's just worn out. Rooms are blah and the AC units are EXTREMELY loud and rattle all night. You definitely get what you pay for. Gaylord is just an up north town that put no money into itself. Literally the same restaurants and signage from when I came as a kid. Gaylord doesn't have to do better as they know they're pretty much the last stop between lower and upper UP/Mac city. The guy who checked me in was very nice. Thank You Lee for trying to help. You're doing a GREAT job!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I'm sorry that your trip to Gaylord was not pleasant. We work very hard everyday to make each of our guest stay enjoyable. I hope that the next time your in the area you will give us another chance to make your stay a better one. Thank you again, have a wonderful day!
-GM Dawn Bindschatel

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This motel has seen better days. The halls were damp and dirty. The room was damp, dirty and musty. The exercise room was damp and smelly. Beds were average or better, but we found old coffee grounds in the in-room coffee maker. Breakfast was above average and staff were helpful and friendly. Overall, a poor bargain for the price.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you commit.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

I would like to thank you for taking your time to complete our survey. I am very sorry that your were not satisfied with your stay with us. I have met with my housekeeping staff, and we are taking action to resolve the problems. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast, as we try our best in every department to make your stay the best we can! Thank you again for your feedback! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I get a discount through my employer and normally am pleased with the Quality brand, but this particular hotel is substandard. The customer service was fine, but the facility feels, looks and smells very run-down. My room reeked of a scent I can only describe as "cheap hotel disinfectant." And my only remedy was to open the window -- onto the central area with the pool. The pool smell was actually preferable. I was really looking forward to a quiet evening in a clean, sterile hotel room, but the cheap chemical-y-ness of it was actually distracting. There was some kind of stain/residue on one of the bedside tables that the housekeeping crew missed from a previous occupant.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time to complete our survey. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. I will meet with my housekeeping staff and address the issues. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to provide you with a better stay. Again I am very sorry.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We stayed in this hotel on our way back to Canada and our first impression was "this hotel is in great need of a face lift. The room was reasonably clean but the towels smelled. It seems that they were probably washed with kitchen towels and they smelled like grease. The hallway were old and the front staff was OK but not over friendly. It was such a different feel than the Quality Inn we stayed in in Duluth (fantastic hotel and so, so clean). The breakfast was fine but the coffee tasted like water.

Room Tip: The price should be a lot lower.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for taking your time to complete our survey. We appreciate your feedback. I will use your opinion to make changes in the hotel, and hope that you will give us a chance in the future to make your stay a better one. Thank you again! Have a wonderful day.

-GM