All reviews clean towels house keeping reception desk young woman have stayed here several times yogurt new carpeting indoor pool breakfast room
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I get a discount through my employer and normally am pleased with the Quality brand, but this particular hotel is substandard. The customer service was fine, but the facility feels, looks and smells very run-down. My room reeked of a scent I can only describe as "cheap hotel disinfectant." And my only remedy was to open the window -- onto the central area with the pool. The pool smell was actually preferable. I was really looking forward to a quiet evening in a clean, sterile hotel room, but the cheap chemical-y-ness of it was actually distracting. There was some kind of stain/residue on one of the bedside tables that the housekeeping crew missed from a previous occupant.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for taking your time to complete our survey. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. I will meet with my housekeeping staff and address the issues. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to provide you with a better stay. Again I am very sorry.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We stayed in this hotel on our way back to Canada and our first impression was "this hotel is in great need of a face lift. The room was reasonably clean but the towels smelled. It seems that they were probably washed with kitchen towels and they smelled like grease. The hallway were old and the front staff was OK but not over friendly. It was such a different feel than the Quality Inn we stayed in in Duluth (fantastic hotel and so, so clean). The breakfast was fine but the coffee tasted like water.

Room tip: The price should be a lot lower.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for taking your time to complete our survey. We appreciate your feedback. I will use your opinion to make changes in the hotel, and hope that you will give us a chance in the future to make your stay a better one. Thank you again! Have a wonderful day.

-GM
Dawn Bindschatel

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We travel to our home in Wi every year and decided to go over the top this trip. This place is convenient to our time frame--unfortunately it is very outdated and hasn't improved at all-despite having several newer motels as competition. We paid $139 which was way too much. First impression was the entrance --dirty and the door was full of fingerprints. Front desk person was new and not familiar with the area. Rooms have not been upgraded in a long time and you could tell it is a place where all the construction workers stay -alot of them standing outside smoking. I think if it was in the $60/$70 range I wouldn't think it was so bad but this was definitely not worth $139.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The Quality Inn in Gaylord has had other iterations. The building predates Michigans no smoking in buildings law. Areas of the building that had smoking still have the scent that I associate with old smoke. I did see workers laying new carpeting and assembling new beds.

The breakfast room is on the smaller side and the television's sound permeates the room. If you are not a fan of FOX News you may wish to skip breakfast or take it to your room.

The beds are comfortable and some furnishings are dated. I thought the lighting was up-to-date. As with older structures the bathrooms are a little smaller.

The young man staffing the desk at check in was pleasant.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

First off, when we arrived to the hotel, you could tell it was very old from the outside and was not in the vest condition. We were given a second story suite, and we learned there is no elevator, which was not previously mentioned. My aunt has lung, leg, and back issues, so walking up and down the stairs was difficult for her. The carpet in the hallway outside our room was dirty and you could tell it had not been cleaned in a long time. Our room was very filthy, with urine stains on the toilet, stains on the bed duvets, and a sticky kitchen floor with hardened food stuck to it. The refrigerator also dripped terribly when you opened the door, and water got all over the shelves and floor. There was only one A/C unit, and it was in the second room, so we were unable to shut the door dividing the rooms because it got way too hot. One reason we chose this hotel was because of the pool and spa, and when we tried to use the facility, the hot tub was not working. Reading other reviews, we realized that the hot tub has not been functioning for quite some time. There was a lot of renovations going on, which is not a problem, but we were woken in the middle of the night by pounding on the other side of the wall. The only good thing about our stay was the size of the suite. Besides that, we had a terrible experience and it was NOT worth the $200+ we paid per night.

Trip type: Travelled with family