US$111
Treetops Resort(Gaylord)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$217
Priceline
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskpool and hot tubroom was cleannice hotelstayed one nightwould stay againshower curtainice machinebreakfast barhixpillowsdistractionchainmicrowavewalmarthighway
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I travel for work every week and I nearly always choose HIX. This was the first time that I was completely dissatisfied with the service at any HIX property. The reason for 2 stars and not one is because the room was clean and the woman running the breakfast did a fantastic job.

I was set out for an 9 hour drive home when my back started hurting, so I pulled over to use the hot tub and stay the night.

This HIX is in desperate need of a renovation. But that’s okay, I guess.

The young lady at the front desk was rude from the beginning. No welcome at all, she just snatched my ID and credit card out of my hard and started typing on the computer. I get it, sort of. She doesn’t want to be here.

I go to my room, order some pizza, wait for it to arrive, eat, take a shower, then head to the hot tub. Closed! No indication that it was closed on the website or by a sign or anything. Ugh. That was the only reason I stayed. I was only 2.5 hours from home, after all.

I went back to the front desk, explained my situation, and asked for a refund so I can stay somewhere else with a hot tub.

The front desk worker was beyond rude, saying things like, “did you use the room?”
I said, “yes.”
“Well then I can’t give you a refund.”

I asked her why her tone was unfortunate and why she’s treating me so rudely.
She responded with, “I’ve been her since 10am.”
I said, “that isn’t my fault. I didn’t make your schedule?”

“Are you the manager?”
She just stared me down with violently angry eyes.
I finally repeated the question.
“No, obviously I’m not.”

I called the 800 number after that and I’ll probably get my money back, at least in IHG rewards points.

Yeah, this place sucks.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Zach M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gaylord, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Hello Zach M,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Express Gaylord MI. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory because of the level of service received and the hot tub being closed. I am sorry for the letdown.

IHG values your experience with our hotels as a guests. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Cheers,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I had a sprained my ankle and the front desk clerk placed me in a room on the first floor with easy access to breakfast room, vending machines, check out. Room was clean and comfortable, love the pillows!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The thing that saves this HIX is the personnel. The room was just not the usual high-quality HIX. We thought the whole Hotel did not meet our expectations in design and it definitely needed remodeling.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gaylord, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hi Buckeyesandi,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with it's overall condition. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This hotel has everything you need for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Centrally located in the city you can get to anywhere you want to go. It has a pool and offers a very diverse breakfast. It is a very short trip to a variety of places of interest to see.

Room Tip: Stayed here several times and have not found a bad room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed one night. Brittany at the front desk is a customer service Superstar! She acknowledged us right away although the phone was ringing off the hook..she juggled it beautifully. She was very attentive. Room was clean. I liked that there was a sink outside the bathroom, huge bonus! Comfortable beds. Pool and hot tub were clean. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple