All reviewsholiday inn expresspool and hot tubfront deskbreakfast roompleasant staystayed one nightshort staywould definitely stay here againbeds were comfortablemackinaw citypillowssinkhixchainwalmart
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The thing that saves this HIX is the personnel. The room was just not the usual high-quality HIX. We thought the whole Hotel did not meet our expectations in design and it definitely needed remodeling.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hi Buckeyesandi,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with it's overall condition. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This hotel has everything you need for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Centrally located in the city you can get to anywhere you want to go. It has a pool and offers a very diverse breakfast. It is a very short trip to a variety of places of interest to see.

Room Tip: Stayed here several times and have not found a bad room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed one night. Brittany at the front desk is a customer service Superstar! She acknowledged us right away although the phone was ringing off the hook..she juggled it beautifully. She was very attentive. Room was clean. I liked that there was a sink outside the bathroom, huge bonus! Comfortable beds. Pool and hot tub were clean. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Immediately when we entered the hotel we noticed there was no air conditioning in the hallways or lobby. When we got to our room, it was very warm and stuffy. We tried turning the air up however it wasn't cooling anything down and my husband had to sit right next to it to even feel a lukewarm breeze. I suggested going to walmart to buy a fan, but my husband quickly pointed out we were paying a decent amount for this average sized, sweaty room and the air should be working in the summer. Also, the bathroom floor was dirty and the sink looked like it hadn't been cleaned. We ended up getting a suite at a different hotel down the road that was basically the same price as this place's regular room and there was actually air coming out of the unit. The front desk at the Holiday Inn was surprised we were moving out of the room (in all fairness, we didn't notify them - we just wanted to get a room somewhere with air that worked) and said they would have had maintenance come and look at the air conditioning unit, however they had been having ventilation issues. Which would have been nice to know before arriving (even another guest at the front desk said his room didn't have air as well). The pool area was nice, but we never got to use it. We were in the room for no longer than an hour, and the hotel refused to refund us our money. They charged us for the one night even though the issues were of no fault of our own and we weren't notified of the issues prior to (or even upon) arrival.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Hi Mrspic25,

Thank you for your patronage as an IHG Rewards Club member and for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the lack of air conditioning in the hallways and rooms as well as the cleanliness of the bathroom. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We prepaid with Priceline, and yet when we arrived they said they were overbooked and wouldn't honor our prepaid reservation. The front desk person, Brittney, was surprisingly unhelpful and rude. She basically told us it was our problem, and told us we would need to find another hotel. Luckily, Priceline came through for us.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Vacation721464
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hello Valued guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the reservation issues you have encountered. We'd like to obtain additional detail about your experience, but unfortunately due to site restrictions we are unable to reach you privately. Please contact the General Manager at the phone number listed on our hotel's home page. Nevertheless, this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G.