“Small town charm and reliable quality”

Kathy's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Flushing
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Kathy's in downtown Flushing is a little gem on Main Street. They are celebrating thirty years of dependable and delicious dining in the little city of Flushing, Michigan.
The food at Kathy's is beautifully prepared and there is something for everyone on the menu. Kathy (the owner and very present proprietor of this well-respected establishment) sets high standards for all the dishes on the menu and for her dedicated wait staff. When she is on site, she circulates among the guests with graciousness and warmth.
She always offers engaging specials. In a recent visit with my husband, I ordered a salad off the specials: grilled chicken, Brussels sprouts, and feta, greens, bacon, and more. It was out of this world; paired with a lovely house merlot.
If you live near Flushing or travel north on 1-75, it is WELL worth the short drive to Kathy's. It is fine dining experience in the heart of hometown USA. You will not be disappointed - only blessed.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I absolutely love Kathy's! The staff and owners are attentive and always a pleasure to speak with. We can't find anything on the menu we haven't thoroughly enjoyed! My favorite for breakfast is definitely the cinnamon roll combo, so delicious!!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I moved to Flushing about a month ago and have visited Kathy's 4 times: lunch twice and dinner twice. In each case I have enjoyed my meal.

A few standouts would be the butternut squash ravioli with grilled chicken and alfredo sauce which truly was enough for two, and the Fish and Chips were super good too. I also enjoyed the house specialty chicken dumpling soup.

I'd skip the hot turkey sandwich and I did not particularly care for their signature martini... called the Red Brick or something like that? Reminded me of NyQuil! Other drinks I've had there have been great though, and their beer selection is good. Nice little bar / Pub in the back of the restaurant.

I can't wait to try outdoor dining this spring and summer and I'll definitely keep Kathy's in my rotation!

Reviewed 17 November 2016

This makes the 3rd time I've been to Kathy's. There are two sections to the restaurant. One is in the back and is a very nice bar complete with booths and plenty of bar seating. You can eat here or go the front of the restaurant and dine in a very nice dining room. The service has always been good and the food is tasty. I recommend this restaurant and will be returning again!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Kathy's makes dishes a bit above the average with lot's of choices. My favorite is the Ravioli squash !