“Not up to standards for this chain”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #73 of 369 Restaurants in Flint
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Red Lobster is known as the foremost expert in fresh seafood. Our commitment to serving quality seafood starts long before you sit down at our restaurant. Fresh Fish, Live Lobster.
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I took a colleague here for lunch due to having had fairly good experiences at other locations. I should have researched this particular location first.
Our server acted like he might be new, so we tried to be patient. I specifically asked for my salmon to be rare. We waited and waited and WAITED for our entrees, even though were there at 2:30pm and the restaurant was not busy at all. When the food arrived, it was apparent that the plates had sat under the heat lamp for a loooongg time. The salmon was miserably dry, there was a crust on the mashed potatoes, and the top side of the broccoli was crispy. My colleague had ordered a pasta dish which survived the heat lamp better than mine did. By the time fresh food came out for me (which also took a long time!), he had finished eating.
We went ahead and had our dessert, and I had my meal put in a takeout box. Never saw a manager, never really got an apology. Again, not typical for Red Lobster.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Hardly anyone in the restaurant at 12:45 on Sunday and we were told it would be a 15-20 minute wait? Many people came in after us so that there were more people in the lobby than the dining area. No reason given. Finally got a table. Why does the menu not have prices for drinks?

Ordered fish tacos, which were good. Server kept up on everything really well - drinks, biscuits, napkins, clearing plates, bills. Good food and service once we were seated.

1  Thank jk135
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Our server, Colleen, was very attentive, pleasant & fun. Service can make or break a dining experience, so we were already off to a great start! Then, we had invited another couple to All You Can Eat Shrimp & as I would assume most people are, they (& we) were very satisfied. Shrimp refills were delivered hot, fresh & delicious.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

It had been years since we were here. We thought the building was out dated and getting rundown and food / service was bad. Well on the revisit it appeared the place had been remodeled at some point. The staff was friendly with good quick service. I chose the pick two shrimp and wife had grilled salmon. Dinner served with a nice Varity of lettuce in the salad, fresh rolls ( not as cheesy ) as I remembered. The food was prepared fine, we had no complaints. It was different than I remembered.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Lobster tail came with only butter, no broccoli, rice or slice of lemon. My steak, medium came out very rare and had a lot of chewy fat on it. They laid down the entrees and left us with the dirty appetizer dishes and we had to call them over to remove it. They brought out some broccoli later, but nothing else. We were scoping this restaurant to take friends to when they visit. Guess we won't be bringing them here.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!