“Gourmet Sandwich Shop”

Great Lakes Sandwich Co. & Cafe
Ranked #99 of 356 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 October 2014

You go and grab a menu. Then you seat yourself. Then you order at the window. Sandwich is made fresh. We ordered the tuna melt..very good. also a Reuben, that was pretty soggy, salty, and greasy. I would recommend trying other sandwiches. There is self serve drinks and chips. Pricey for sandwiches. Very little seating. Most people get take out.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This little gem may be small on seating space but it is huge on taste and variety! Typically the chef is the also your server. It is amazing what he can whip up in that tiny kitchen. Most large restaurants don't even have the variety of items that this place has. Most of the time I go to a restaurant for one particular thing that I like how they make it and get that 90% of the time. At Great Lakes Sandwich I have never gotten the same thing twice because everything is so good! They also have some good vegetarian options. And the prices are quite reasonable. It is a family favorite. The only downside is that they are not open as much on the weekends (just 4 hours on Saturday).

1  Thank Staci P
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Can I just simply say WOW! This place is a hidden gem on Corunna Road in Flint, Michigan. Satisfaction is guaranteed. The food is fresh, healthy, and affordable. It's worth checking out. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The restaurant is kind of unobtrusive, being hidden in a small strip small and gets hidden by trucks making deliveries at other businesses. The work to get there, however, is worth it. For a small location, the menu is rather extensive and everything was well prepared. I had a French Dip sandwich, which was very tasty, and my dining companion had a corned beef sandwich and soup. which we heartily recommend. Being the small facility that it is, the service was excellent and special requests were fulfilled with enthusiasm. I can be difficult to please, but I'd go back here in a New York minute.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

The sandwiches are served "combo style", with soup or chips, and a drink. Most combos are $7. or $8.

My wife and I shared a discount certificate ($15 of food for half-off). We both ordered sandwich combos. I ordered "The Sicillian". My wife ordered "Philly Melt". Both sandwiches were very good... although I wished mine had a little more meat in it. Both sandwiches were served warm, in fresh Ciabatta bread. The fillings were fresh, and tasted right.

The reason I'm giving this place an "Average" rating and not better, is because most sandwich places nearby are of similar quality (Jimmy John's, Orvel's Deli, and many others).

This place is locally owned, and the service is good.

The dining room is decorated with a nautical theme and features a few booths, some tables and a seating area next to a TV with a coffee table. This place has the smallest salad bar I've ever seen in this area. It is about three feet long. The items in the salad bar looked fresh, even later at night (when we visited). The parking lot is small, and tight... fortunately we visited in the evening when there were no other patrons visiting.

The Great Lakes Sandwich Co. has a lunchtime special with unlimited soup and salad for $6., which sounds like a good deal. If I were in the area at lunchtime, I'd give this option a try.

1  Thank flintjarvis

Been to Great Lakes Sandwich Co. & Cafe? Share your experiences!