“Worth the wait!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Went on a Sunday at 11:00 a.m. After driving around and around and around looking for a parking spot, finally made it inside only to wait 30-40 minutes for a table. Granted, it's Sunday and this is obviously a popular place, but I had never been there nor heard of it and was recommended by my friend. After checking out the menu which had multiple breakfast/lunch ideas that all sounded amazing, I settled on the Gingerbread Waffle. Nope. They were out, but they were making another batch that unbeknownst to me is vegan or something, so the ingredients have to sit a while? Which would take about an hour. >:/ I was SO disappointed. But, I went with an omelet that came with these absolutely fantastic garlic roasted potatoes. OMG. Heaven. I also order the Detroit Breakfast Links. I have no idea why they called them "Detroit" other than the fact they were giant. (Are we giant in Detroit?) Also, their coffee is supreme. I think I had 4 cups! So, afterward, I wanted something sweet. He said the Gingerbread waffles are ready! Uh, no. So, I asked what kind of mini-muffins did they have. They were out. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So, if you go to this place, GO EARLY before they run out of everything!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 November 2018

The Fly Trap is fun and unusual in every way. The decor, menu and food are all unique and edgy in a retro kind of way. Love the unique salt & pepper shakers on each table!
I've been there twice now for dinner and everyone liked their food. The brisket sandwich with gouda on grilled rye is my favorite. They also have a nice beer selection that is reasonably priced.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We had the most delicious burger ever! The only disappointment was that the waitress asked if we would like avocado on our burger and we said yes! But she didn't tell us there was an upcharge for it!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I loved the fact that they have fresh squeezed juice and the food was really good! Staff very pleasant

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This was our first time here. We came on a Saturday morning and had a 45 minute wait. Corryn was an excellent server and made some good suggestions. Because it was so busy it took a little while to get our food but it was worth the wait. We all enjoyed our choices and the portions are good size. Definitely recommend this restaurant but might come back on a day other than Saturday. Excellent food!

Date of visit: June 2018