“Good Mexican Food”

Fiesta Charra
Ranked #27 of 207 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 February 2017

We stopped in here on a Saturday night for dinner. The mexican food was very good but I ordered the Hawaiian Chicken which was not so good. Chicken was ok an loaded in bacon but didn't see or taste any jellly (supposed to be on it) an just had a thin slice of ham lunch meat on it with a pineapple ring an cheese. Just bland an ham didn't have much flavor. Fajitas were good. Chicken fingers were ok. Chocolate Lava Cake was extremely small but good. Triple chocolate cake was so so. So if you are going for the mexican fare its a good place to eat.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

My friend and I ordered Buy one, get one half off margaritas, which were delicious. Our burritos and chimichangas were great, too. There was enough leftover for me to eat lunch the next day.
For dessert we had some delicious churros and vanilla ice cream. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who likes Mexican!

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We have enjoyed dining here a couple of times. The margaritas are very good and if you enjoy them bring a driver to take you home. The staff is very friendly and helped us make very good meal choices.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Problem #1, Lilly, our waitress. If she were young, I'd guess that maybe it was her first day as a waitress. I suppose it could've been her first day as a waitress anyway, that might explain the disaster of my one and likely only experience at this location.

I'm not an impatient person, and we weren't in a terrible hurry, but it took two hours to eat dinner, and a table is the only thing we did not have to wait for. I had to ask for a beer at least three times before it finally arrived. It took ages for her to come and take our order, it took forever for her to do anything.

Problem #2 The kitchen. My husband ordered the spicy version of one of their burritos, and he repeated that he wanted it spicy. When it finally arrived, it had no spice going on at all. Also, only two plates of food were delivered to our table, when three entrees were ordered. Someone other than our waitress delivered the food, and we told that person she was missing an entree. She just looked confused and went on her way. After awhile we were able to flag down Lilly and she asked how everything was. She apparently hadn't been told about the missing entree. She then went flipping through her meal ticket book and discovered that she had never given that ticket to the kitchen to prepare. So, my friend had to wait and wait some more for her food. When it finally arrived, she said it definitely wasn't worth the wait.

There was no adjustment in the bill to try to make amends for anything. All in all - quite a disappointing experience with an inept waitress and a slow and underqualified or uninspired kitchen staff.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Maybe north of Average but not Very Good. Good size portions. Salsa for chips is kind of watery. Hot & Spicy burrito is good and has quite a kick. Cheese Dip appetizer is very watery also.