“Mistreated because I requested a tortilla!”
Review of Chipotle

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 14 April 2017

The following is a letter that I wrote to Chipotle Corporate Headquarters about my treatment at the East Lansing, Michigan Chipotle restaurant:
I am writing to complain about the mistreatment that I received when I picked up an order that I made online.
When I arrived I asked for two large tortillas because I didn't see where I could order the tortillas online when I ordered my vegetarian bowl.
I waited for the tortillas for a longer than I thought necessary time. When I received the tortilla it was wrapped in foil and when I got to my car I discovered that I only had one tortilla instead of the two that I had ordered.
I went back and requested the second tortilla. When I got the second tortilla i went to my car and discovered that it was not fully cooked so I took it back and requested a fully done tortilla.
I tried to give the tortilla back and then the person who prepared the tortilla got hostile. He refused to take the tortilla back! I then threw the tortilla in the wastebasket. This caused the worker to get very angry. I asked him what his name was but he refused to give it to me. I asked another co-worker what his name was but she refused to give me his name.
I requested another tortilla and he refused to give me one. After making several requests for another tortilla, another coworker gave me the tortilla i requested.

I feel like I was treated in a shabby manner by the worker but the acting supervisor was very nice and offered me a coupon.

I told her I didn't want a coupon. I only wanted to address the rude behavior that I got.

Now I am going to be reluctant about going back to Chipotle because I don't know what might happen if I order food from Chipotle again.
Needless to say, the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth!

Reviewed 25 November 2016

Chipotle used to mean good fresh food and great service...however, it seems like the East Lansing location is in a downhill spiral. During my last visit, there were only 2 people ahead of me but it took about 10 minutes before I was able to begin to put in my order. There were at least 3 staff people at the counter which should be enough to serve a minimal lunch crowd fast. Also, the lettuce they had on the tray was brown and seems to have had an expiry date from 2 days ago. This is not acceptable for Chipotle...what happened???

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

Had been wanting to try this chain for awhile after seeing some hype about freshness. Finally had time, though wished after I hadn't had time. Super boring across the board. Better to just find a taco truck/street vendor. Everything was bland. Looks like they spent all their resources trying to be politically correct as there were numerous highly visible endorsements of alternative lifestyles and environmental hogwash. If you're a cross dressing type, this may be the place for you. If you have veteran heroes in your family, this is for sure, not for you.

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

Very good place with something even our fussy little eater even liked. A mistake in our order was quickly corrected. Rice bowl portions were large and very filling. Steak had really good flavor as did the rice and salsa. Not super expensive either. Extra bonus...they serve Coke! Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 5 March 2015

It is probably because I had not been to a chipotle in such a long time that I had really high expectations. The place was nice - decent lighting and seating, friendly staff. As for the food it was a bit disappointing. The quantity was as great as usual but this time I felt it lacked a bit in the taste department.